Chapter 4

Her Pov

Penelope Davis

I wake up early, wander in the woods, beware not to cross the border of my packs territory. My wolf is happy that I am letting the morning sun brighten us up. The beginning of my city life was tough for my wolf but nothing she couldn't handle. She is an alpha. My wolf is fierce. The fight between her and my brother's wolf proved this to the entire pack and especially to my dad.

I was brought up to be a Luna. A leaders side piece, his support. But I do believe, fate has something else in mind. I want to lead, I want to fight, not be the one to console people. I don't think that as inferior but being on the sidelines is not in my blood.

My wolf slows down as we reach my house, she wants to stay this way, in this skin and let the human worries stay concealed. I let her roam another round before going back to my room in my wolf form. I turn back into my human form and then take a shower. I clean all the sweat and soil from my body and lather my body with a decent bodywash that has almost little to none artificial fragrance. We wolves like the natural scent that our body and wolf emit.

I wear a dress that I especially packed for today and get ready with minimal makeup and accessories. I have no mate to look pretty for, so why make the effort of dolling up, but as an Alpha's sister and daughter, I will be prey to people's eyes and their judgement today at the ceremony. Hence I apply some mascara and fix my hair.

I reach the downstairs kitchen to
cook myself some breakfast. I am still not ready to face the pack members, so I would rather eat my breakfast here all by myself. I get busy cutting the vegetables on the kitchen platform. My mind wanders to those days in our past where me and my brother would be seating on the chairs across from the kitchen platform and watch our mother work her magic.

Our home though the Alpha household is very simple, the decor is very nominal  yet the most homely. My mother saw to it and kept the interiors very chic and full of colour.

My father and my brother are in the office, meeting the other alphas who will be joining us for the ceremony.
Since entering the living room area my wolf has been on edge, maybe because I have returned to my pack after so long. I ignore the feeling and focus on cooking my breakfast.

Emily is busy getting ready for the ceremony, so I am pretty much alone here. I have only met her a few times before yesterday but I know from the bottom of my heart that she will be a good luna. The pack loves and adores her. She has filled the role of Luna which the pack has needed for a long time. I can definitely see that in my pack member's eyes.

Maybe I am feeling anxious about the ceremony, whatever it is, I hope it is all good. I give myself a small pep talk.

At that exact moment, the knife drops from my hand, the steel knife makes a loud clanging noise off the floor. A scent drives my wolf to the surface, she  is maddening with glee, my canines start to grow since I resist to move, clearly not wanting to act on my instincts, my wolf wants me to follow the scent, to search her mate.

I hear the door open with a bang, I can almost hear the urgency in his footsteps. As he steps inside the kitchen, his scent calms my wolf, she is purring in containment, as her mate is approaching us.

Our eyes meet and I forget to take a breath. His hair are black with hints of brown. He has slightly tan skin which is adorned by his blue denim attire and white shoes. I openly check him out. My cheeks turn slightly red as he notices me. His eyes never leave mine, I don't feel objected under his gaze, I feel wanted. I feel the mate bond pushing me to speak and also to hear my mates voice.

I am too much in my thoughts to notice him reach beside me to shut the stove off where I was boiling some water. He clears his throat slightly and keeps his hand on the kitchen platform. This seemed to break my chain of overthought thoughts.

My entire attention is on him, my body automatically moves to face him, as if my body is not mine it is his already. "My name is Micajah Stone, mate" he almost growls. I can see the sparks of golden in his eyes, his wolf wanting to see me I suppose.

"Penelope" I manage to whisper. He guides me to the chairs near the kitchen platform. It should have been me who should be pointing him to the seating arrangement not him in my own house.

Well there is first for everything.
I sit down and gather myself to finally say what I have on my mind.

" I have been searching for my mate for a very long time, Penelope.
I did visit this pack last year, but I didn't scent you. Anyways I am glad, f*ck this", he utters "truly ecstatic to meet you mate.
"Can I hold your hand if you don't mind, my wolf is slightly restless."
He extends his hand slightly further.

I keep my hand near his, my wolf wants to soothe her mate. He doesn't hesitate to take my hand in his gruff palm, encasing my fingers in his. This sends a jolt coursing through my entire body.

We both relish in this bubble. Both not wanting to leave, not wanting to further this conversation.
He proceeds, " I am an Alpha, Penelope, I live with my pack at the Lagoon state border. Can you tell me your full name P?"

Him giving me a nickname didn't annoy me to the slightest. My wolf loved it, she felt accepted, as she exclaims to me in my mind, 'our mate can call us anything'.

"I am Penelope Davis. My father is Matthew Davis, the retiring Alpha and you are here for the accession ceremony of my brother Jake Davis. You didn't see me here last time because I don't live here anymore. I live with my aunt who is a human in the city where I also work as an Business tax consultant. I am only here for a few weeks, for the ceremony ofcourse."

1125+ words

Love,
A