Part 2: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Start from the beginning

"I have to go help," I got up and was about to leave when Haymitch grabbed my wrist.

"Hey, hey, woah, kiddo. Wait. What are you just gonna do jump out of the vent and go storm into the capital? Besides, it's already underway. Six soldiers went in. Volunteer only. Including Peeta. They'll be back soon enough. With Y/n." I let out a sigh of relief knowing that Y/n will be saved, but I just wish I could go and help.

***

They're doing a propo with Finnick this time. For the rescue to work they need to use Finnick as a distraction. All he needs to do is talk long enough for the rebels to rescue Y/n and the others. I'm in command right now with Haymitch, Beetee, Plutarch, and Coin. We watch as Finnick talks about how Snow used to sell his body, and if he refused then he would kill someone he loved, he went on about that topic for a while. He also said that in return for letting the citizens use him, he didn't want money, but he wanted secrets. He was saying how Snow used poison to kill off the higher-up people so that he could become President. He also drank the poison so that is didn't look suspicious, but now he has an uncurbable sickness.

<><><><><><><><>

Y/n's POV

Gale is horrible. I dont love him anymore, I never even did. All of this violence and war is all his fault. He's the reason I'm here right now. All he ever wanted was violence, and havoc. He doesn't even want peace, all he wants is war.

I'm laying in the pitch black room, holding this smooth grey pearl. I dont know why I keep it with me, but I know it must be sentimental, when I hold it I feel a sense of security and comfort. It's a familiar feeling but I cant  put my finger on it. It must be from my mother. I feel sore everywhere, I have hardly eaten or drank anything the entire time I've been here, but they gave me some food so that I dont die. Not killing me has been the worst torture. I just want this all to be over now. I feel myself about to drift into sleep when a group of people come in. They all have guns and a lot of gear on, including gas masks. I think it's the same people that have been torturing me, but why were they wearing all that gear?

"Not again" I said under my breath

"hey, hey, it's okay, Y/n. It's okay, it's Peeta, we're here to rescue you" I heard one of the guys say. I looked into his mask and saw that it was Peeta. It was so good to see him again.

"Peeta?" I said

"Yeah, it's me, let's get you out of here," He picked me up and I started to feel drowsy, then I passed out not long after.

<><><><><><><><>

Gale's POV

Finnick and I are waiting anxiously for them to get back. Finnick is tying knots in his rope while we wait. I'm staring at the door waiting for someone to come in and tell us that they're back when Haymitch opens the door.

"They're back," he says and me and Finnick jump up and and follow him. He takes us to the hospital area where I see Johanna fighting against nurses because she doesn't want any medicine. And I see who I assumed to be Annie because she ran to Finnick and they started kissing. It made me more anxious to see Y/n.

"She just woke up, she's this way," Haymitch said leading me to a window where I saw Y/n sitting on a bed as nurses took the blood pressure cuff off her arm. The nurses left as Haymitch and I walked in. She looked so different. She had a cut going along her forehead, cuts and bruises on her arms and legs, she was shaking slightly, her lips were trembling, her eyes watering, and it broke my heart to see her like that.

"Y/n? It's Gale, I-I'm here, I'm right here, I'm so happy you're alive," my eyes started to water as I spoke. I took one of her hands in mine but she pulled away.

"Dont touch me." She said very quietly, almost a whisper, but she sounded very serious. I looked at Haymitch who also looked confused.

"W-what? What did they do to you?" I asked, getting very worried.

"Get away from me." She said, a little bit louder this time, but more harsh.

"I dont understand. Y/n it's me, it's Gale, you remember me dont you?" I tried to hold her hand again, but this time she pulled away quickly and punched me right in the nose. Hard. So hard I think she broke it.

"I said get away from me!" She said

"Y/n, you're not thinking straight, this isn't you-" She punched me again.

"This is me, this is the same me, I just now know who you really are" I didn't know what she was talking about. I wiped the blood running from my nose.

"What are you talking about?" She came at me and I fell to the ground, she continued punching me, it was crazy the amount of strength she had considering the amount of torture and starvation she went through. She kept punching me, I could have fought back, but I couldn't. I would never do anything to hurt her. Haymitch pulled her off, then a nurse came in and gave her a shot that made her pass out.