Chapter 20

In the morning, the apartment is still quiet when I get up and grab breakfast on my own, just like a coffee I take from the fridge. I only drink iced coffee, like the boys.

Then I hear Josh angrily respond to Remco, "You can't do that, Remco! No, I can't!" I hear Josh yell when he sees me in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Max," and he gives me a kiss on my cheek as he joins me with a bowl of cereal as well. "What was that?" I ask Josh, pointing to their bedroom door.

"Remco's gone crazy. Let him do it. This is my apartment and I choose who stays," Josh mumbles, "what are you talking about?" I ask him again when I get no answer.

He is still looking angrily through the bedroom door, "Remco thinks we should be alone a little more," Josh mumbles with a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"What, are you going to throw me out!" I yell at my brother, who starts rolling his eyes. "No, of course not!" He yells back, both of us looking angrily at Remco who walks out of the room.

"Where are you going!" Yells Josh to Remco as he walks towards the door with his backpack.

"To my parents! Just think about my words," Remco says in frustration and walks out the door, not saying anything more.

"That he does! I'm not putting my sister out on the street!" Yells Josh, grabbing me and giving me a kiss on the head, like he used to do.

----------

Josh has gone to work, and I am lying here in my room staring at the ceiling, angry that this all happened because of me.

I should have listened to my own gut and stayed away from him. Soon, Josh and Remco will break up because of me, which I would hate. I love Remco, really love him. But for my brother, I have to forget about him. Should he ever find out about this, I'll fly back home anyway, and I wouldn't even blame him!

After school, I decide to go to Remco and Josh's college to look up Remco, to convince them that this is all a misunderstanding. When I search the campus, someone says they saw him at the water club I go to.

A little further on, I see him standing talking to a boy who is almost as tall as him, with blond hair and a beautiful smile as he looks at me. His eyes are on me, and Remco turns around, looking at what the boy was looking at.

"Hello, can we talk?" I ask in a serious tone, the boy is staring at me strangely and opens his mouth as first, "Do I know you? If I already don't remember a beautiful girl like you, there is something wrong with me. Forgive me," he says with a charming smile.

Giggling I look at him, "no, I come for Remco," I tell him.

"Wouldn't you be better off for one of those straight guys like me?" The guy asks me, I almost laugh, is he hitting on me now?

Remco pats him on the arm, making him look at Remco, "This is Maxine, Josh's sister," Remco says, introducing me to the boy next to him, who is staring at me from Remco.

"Is she the sister! Are you still single?" He asks me while laughing, which makes Remco look at him knowingly stern.

"Yeah, maybe we could go out?" I ask him, teasing Remco more. But I'm not here for a date or to make Remco even angrier. "He's not interested, Max. You can go," he says in a blunt way to me that even the boy is surprised by. I myself don't recognize Remco like that either, normally he is always nice to me, from before what had happened between us already.

"Please Remco? I want to say something in connection with Josh," when I say Josh's name, he is suddenly interested. The boy hands over the key, and we walk across campus to a room in one of the buildings.

"Keep it short. I can't keep Daniel out of his room for long," Remco says, annoyed. "I'm sorry Remco. Josh is a wreck and he misses you terribly. Okay, he wouldn't admit it, but he does.

I promise I'll stay out of your way and nothing will happen between us again. The times' Josh is at guitar lessons, I'll be at Tristan's or something," I tell him, begging him to give my brother another chance.

Never did I think I was going to beg Remco to stay with my brother. I moved closer to him to look into his eyes. So that I could better express myself, as well as his emotions that I can make out from his eyes. Which are not at all annoyed or angry.

I can only see the passion in his eyes, whether he's standing here undressing me in the skinny jeans I'm wearing with a blouse buttoned almost all the way up.

"Why doesn't he come himself?" Remco asks me, even though he knows Josh is too proud to admit his mistake. Remco now takes a step closer to me, causing me to start pursuing my lips, out of nerves. Now that I'm so close to him, it's hard not to touch him.

Though I don't have to wait long. He takes hold of my head and kisses me, his tongue rubbing along my lips, causing me to open them immediately and kiss him back.

I continue to kiss him when I feel him opening my blouse with his left hand. His right hand he still has against the back of my head, not letting me release his lips.

I unbutton his pants. Staring, we look at each other, both with the same emotion in our eyes: lust, sex.