Questions & strawberries

Start from the beginning

"But not markings in the human world," I replied. "This could pose as a serious problem, Mammon. Maybe I should...talk to someone who knows about this stuff better than I do."

He snickered, "What?...like a fuckin' demon doctor?"

"You never know."

We laughed jointly before Mammon slipped another sweet berry into his mouth, haply to keep his teeth from a stardom only seen by me.

"You wanna' watch a movie, or something?" he suggested as he placed the white plate atop the armrest, and filched a mocha brownie from its locus on the other place. "Can't really think of anything else to do, since your God decided to ruin my plans."

I let out the caged laugh in my chest, "Sure, Mammon, just don't scream like last time."

"Only if you come here." Mammon patted his blanket-indulging lap as he stared at me, smiling lecherously, "last time we watched a movie, you were all the fuckin' way over there."

"Well, on your...lap?"

"Why not? You're not gonna' buurn in Hell because of it, are you?"

"Possibly not," I responded, crawling over to him as the raven-haired held his hands out, as if I were a toddler waddling over to my parent. "But you might, for trying to make an angel sin."

Mammon grinned as I subsided beside him, warming his neck with my bare arms.

"That's not my lap, angel. Doncha' know your body parts?"

He wrenched my loath body into the aperture of his crossed legs before throwing the zebra-striped blanket over us again.

"You're too loud," I whispered, nuzzling the crook of his neck.

The wind continued ululating as Mammon turned on the television. It was nice abandoning myself in his warmth, and listening to the stormy weather knowing I was safe in his arms.

"I love you..." The raven-haired had kissed the top of my head periodically, to apologize for accidentally hissing and grumbling at the protagonist's naivety. I didn't mean to be on the brink of sleep, yet I hadn't been able to recover my hours of rest after that scurvy dream. But, I was glad he wasn't too annoyed with me—because I was dozing off, when we should have been insulting the characters together.

"You tired, baby?"

"I'm not a baby..."

Mammon chuckled quietly before the doorbell rang, lassoing me away from my journey to the dream world.

"Who the fuck could that be?"

"I'll go check...," I said softly as I kicked off the blanket, and used his stiff thighs to help me up. As I fixed my wrinkled jumper, I somehow managed to avoid the angular table, and securely neared the door. I had stopped myself from stretching of any sort, or yawning, as I planned to go ahead with my doze after answering.

"If it's Claude again, I'm beating his ass!"

I chuckled before opening the door with as much force vital to show the guest that their visit wasn't exactly embraced, "Hello-"

"Good evening, Luka. I'm sure you missed me."

Even though I had attempted to bridle my shock, my eyes went annular on their own—partially at what they were wearing. They had a baby blue scarf around their neck, covering half of their face, and a large purple-navy parka—and a soaked umbrella in their hand to top it off.