🤍 Chapter 87 🤍

Start from the beginning

"Uh, well, you're a top student at UA, aren't you?" Hawks said, now deciding that he had no idea what to talk to the girl about after all his blunders and he wasn't as cool as he thought.

"Thank you," Kimitsuki responded, bowing her head gently. "Being a top Pro-Hero at a young age... you are inspirational as well. I hope to continue helping others right after graduating as well,"

"Heh, I suppose it means a bit more given that its coming from someone like you," Hawks replied. Kimitsuki smiled, though he couldn't see her lips. "You don't mind taxis, do you?"

"No, will we be taking a taxi to the station?" Kimitsuki inquired, watching him wave one down.

"They're keeping the Nomu at a special facility," Hawks informed her. "We'll take a taxi nearby and then walk there – I should've taken a ride from the police but I'm not really fond of driving,"

"I suppose it must feel a bit cramped," Kimitsuki said, glancing toward his red wings. She smiled. "You have a Quirk that I don't have to use mine to figure out,"

Hawks nodded but didn't say anything about her Quirk, a bit apprehensive of the 'mind-reading' aspect of it. He stepped forward to talk to the taxi that stopped in front of them, and when it was confirmed that he would take them along, Hawks opened the door for Kimitsuki.

"Thank you," Kimitsuki said, bowing her head again before getting into the taxi. She watched as Hawks walked around and entered from the other door.

"So, as we were talking," Hawks continued. "Well, the most interesting part if your Fire Quirk. You'll probably find more inspiration from the Number One Hero than myself,"

"There are many aspects of being Hero, no?" Kimitsuki asked, amused. "It could do with their Quirk, it could with their personality or the drive they have for helping others... right?"

At this, Hawks let out a chuckle and nodded, making them fall into silence. Kimitsuki looked outside the car window – it was only 4 in the afternoon but sun was descending already, the winter shortening the days as they went by. She hoped to be done quickly so she could catch her next flight to head home, which was already booked for ten o'clock that night.

While she had been observing Kyushu, a city she was visiting for the first time in her life, Kimitsuki felt eyes upon her. She looked around and noticed that it was the taxi driver, who seemed to be glancing between her and Hawks again and again through the rear-view mirror - until he saw her looking, then he looked away.

Not thinking much of it at that moment, Kimitsuki looked away. She was, instead, starting to feel a bit anxious about the work that was awaiting her at this supposedly 'special facility'.

"We're here," Hawks informed her, and he paid the taxi driver at once, surprising Kimitsuki but she didn't say anything as she got out of the taxi. "Let's go,"

"Yes," Kimitsuki replied, hurrying to follow him as the two of them began their way down the street.

All the way until they turned around the corner, there were eyes on their back and it was clearly the taxi driver. Kimitsuki did not understand why he was staring them down but she figured that it must have to do with the fact that Hawks was the Number Two Hero. Hawks had noticed it, too.

"That's one downside of being paraded around on a stage," Hawks commented, though his tone was clear. "It's hard to figure out what someone wants from you at times,"

"I suppose I can relate to you in that aspect," Kimitsuki said. "Although, I have been on television more for making blunders than doing any good... I have never done well with attention,"