Part 2: Chapter 4: The Warning

Mulai dari awal

"Possibly"

"It's time for an air raid drill" Alarms started going off and I left the room. I started for the cafeteria where I need to find my family. I got there and saw that they were gone. They have to be evacuated to level 40 already. They're with Peeta and Katniss and Finnick, I'm sure they'll be fine. I went to the nearest stairwell and started going down it along with a lot of other people.

"This is a code red alert. Please remain calm and begin evacuation protocol. proceed in an orderly fashion to your nearest stairwell and descend to level 40. Blast doors will close in 40 minutes." was all I heard. Just then, a bomb dropped and the entire area shook. An opening was made in the ground above up and rain started pouring in. People started panicking and running down the stairs. I found Katniss getting stepped on by a bunch of people. I pushed them out of the way and grabbed her.

"Katniss! Are you okay?!" I asked her

"I'm fine, I need to find Prim. Your family's just a little bit up ahead" She said. We both continued going down the stairs and dodging people. We made it to a safe bunker place and I found my family and Katniss her mom. Katniss realized that prim isn't with her mom.

"She went back for the cat," Katniss said, I followed her out of the bunker to help her find Prim. We made it past the guards who told us to stop. We ran up the stairs. Katniss was screaming Prims name. Then we heard Prim call out Katniss' name. I saw her running down the stairs with her cat in her arms. Katniss grabbed her hand and we ran back down the stairs. We made it past blast doors just in time before they closed.

"What were you thinking?!" Katniss said to Prim

"I had to grab him, I couldn't leave him," Prim said and katniss hugged her

"Come on guys, we have to get into the bunkers," I said as we made our way back to the bunkers that we'll be staying in. As we sit in there, loud booming sounds shake the place and cause some small children to scream. I'm sitting on the bottom bunk of a bed, and my little sister is clinging to me. She's terrified. I hold her tightly as the bombing continues. I can't stop thinking about what the Capital is doing to Y/n right now. She risked her life to save all of us. I hope they don't kill her. We have to get her out as soon as possible. We literally have no time to waste.

***

It's been a few hours since the bombing started, and it hasn't stopped. It's been kind of going on and off, but they haven't stopped yet. We won't be allowed to leave the bunkers for a while. My sister decided to go to Peeta and she fell asleep next to him, so I decided to go see Finnick. I went over to the bed he was sitting on and saw that he was looking at a picture of Annie.

"Hey, how you doing?" I ask him

"I'm fine. You?" He said

"Same" he looked at the picture again and sighed. "They're using Annie to punish you. Same with Y/n. They're taunting us with them. But we'll get them back."

"God I hope so. I don't know how much longer I can take knowing that Annie is in the Capital, getting tortured, and I'm here."

"Me too"

"But Y/n really saved us. If it weren't for her then we'd all be dead."

"I know. I just can't stop thinking about what they're doing to her now"

"We'll get them back as soon as possible. Once the bombing stops, they'll send out people for a rescue."

"They'd better"

 I tried to sleep, but with my thoughts and the constant bombing, it was impossible. Finnick gave me his rope that he ties knots in. It does help get your mind off of some things.

<><><><><><><><>

Y/n's POV

After I gave the warning, peacekeepers started attacking me. They beat me until I blacked out. I woke up in a chair where they were putting more venom in my veins. This time was the last straw I guess because all my thoughts got warped, and all my memories are different. I view Gale differently now, he's horrible. He's a mutt. He only wants destruction and violence. This whole war is all his fault. He's the reason I'm here right now. I can't believe I risked my life for him. For Gale Hawthorne. The man who wants nothing but violence across the whole country. I can't believe I ever loved him.

I pass out from the venom. I dream of destruction and annihilation. And Gale is who caused it all. Gale Hawthorne is not who I thought he was. After I wake up I can't really remember anything. I remember my friends and family still, I remember Gale. But I only remember bad things with him. When I think of Gale, I think of bad things. Horrible, violent, bloody things. 

I can't remember little things. Like...my personality, my hobbies, my favorite things, I don't remember any of it. I keep drifting in and out of restless sleep. I can't focus on one thought at a time. I feel so different. I don't feel like me. And it's not a good thing.