CHAP.2

The forgotten croissants

A couple hours had passed and Ava had gotten bored of reading and decided to go to her favorite coffee shop.

This time she didn't walk but she took her car. Her car was a small Kia and the color was bright yellow. She loved that it was bright and full of life so that even when she was down she could look at her car and feel a spark of joy.

She arrived at the coffee shop and as usual there weren't many people. It was an old couple that owned that shop and they were the sweetest.

" Hello Miss and Mister Miller." She greeted them. She always wore a big smile on her face every time she spoke.

The old woman approached her and hugged her. She smelled like sweets and coffee and always had a faint smell of cologne on her just like her husband.

" My sweet Ava how have you
Been?" She asked, letting go of you.

" I've been good, Just the weather that's messing with me cold I get some coffee and maybe a chocolate filled croissant."
She asked, Walking up to we're the croissants were stationed.

" Of course you can. And what did I say about being so formal with me, you can have as many as you would like." Miss Miller said getting the croissants.

" Just two would be fine and maybe a donut for my brother." Ava's brother had quite a sweet Tooth and always loved anything that was full of sugar. That was ironic since he worked as an FBI agent.

" oh, yes, how is your brother? It's so rare to see him around. He seems to always be on the move." Ava smiled and took the croissants Miss Miller gave to her.

" He's good. Just busy with work and what not." She responded waiting for her coffee.

" Ah,yes life of an FBI agent am i right." She hands Ava her drink and bids her good day.

Since Ava loves the snow she sat in a window seat on the far back of the caffe. It was so peaceful here it still felt like a dream to her. Even though she had gotten out of that hellhole she still felt like they would come to get her.

But she quickly got rid of those thoughts and started eating her croissants. Just when she was going to drink coffee she received a text from her brother.

Smalldickcam: Where are you?

Ava: The coffee shop why?

Smalldickcam: I have something to tell you, come back home.

Ava: Can this wait 20 min...

Smalldickcam: NO

Ava:🖕🏾

Ava packed up things and headed back to her car. So long to her peaceful day. Though it was odd that her brother asked where she was.

He never did, even when she would come back at twelve in the morning. So it must have been an urgent matter.