27) Meeting the Wizards

"Doctor Strange? Is that your super hero name or are you actually a doctor who's surname is Strange?"

Loki and Wanda had walked through Strange's portal and were now following him through this new place they'd entered.

"I'm a Doctor, Loki. My surname is Strange, yes, it's weird. Yours isn't any weirder." Strange replied to the god's question.

"And why do you need us?" Wanda asked.

"Well, for one, the both of you are supposed to be dead."

"Excuse me?"
"Sounds right."

Wanda and Loki replied to him.

Strange turned to them as he walked.

"And we've had a bit of an incident recently, regarding a... Version-"

"Variant?" Loki asked.

"Yeah that. And now I need to figure out why the two of you are here considering I watched you, Wanda, die in front of me, and I haven't sensed you here since before Ragnarok, plus your brother claims that you're dead." Strange said, pointing at Loki after he finished.

"You've seen Thor?" Loki asked.

"Yes."

"Any idea where he is now?"

"Last I heard of him, he was going off with a team of heros I know nothing about. They call themselves The Guardians."

"Of course." Loki rolled his eyes.

They walked out of the hall that they'd been walking through for a good few minutes and out into an open area.

Wanda's eyes widened as she looked at the damage that this place had been through.

The walls were collapsed on themselves and there wasn't anyone around. It looked like the place had been blown up then hit with a tornado.

"What happened here?" She asked.

"You did." Stephen replied.

"What?"

"Or the variant, as you call it, did this." He said, crossing his arms.

He stopped walking and he turned around to face Wanda and Loki.

Wanda noticed the stare he had on her and she took a small step back.

"You do know that wasn't me, right? I haven't been on Earth in who knows how long." She said.

Orange sparks appeared on the ground and Wanda and Loki both looked down. A circle started forming under Loki's legs and Wanda took a step away. Loki held out his arms a touch, as if to keep from losing balance.

"Doctor, what is this?" He asked, glaring at Strange.

Strange didn't reply.

Loki's head cocked and two daggers formed in his hand, but before he could use them, the ground below him opened up and he let out a shout as he fell down. The portal shut and Wanda's eyes widened before magic spawned in her hands.

"Stephen, what the hell are you doing?" She asked, readying for a fight.

"I'm clarifying something." He replied.

More portals began opening around the two and Wanda looked around, hints of fear in her eyes. Her hands were in fists as red magic swarmed her fingers.

She looked back at Strange, staring him dead in the eyes, trying to read his mind to figure out what was going on.

He clearly noticed.

"I have magic protecting my mind, nice try." He stated.

Wanda opened her mouth to speak, but before she could, orange rope like magical items shot out from the many portals that surrounded the two and grabbed at Wanda.