8) The Variant

The soldiers walked into the door portal.

Mobius went to Loki and Wanda and brought them in, standing to Loki's right while Wanda was on his left.

The first thing they saw when they entered was rain and big blue letters on a building spelling Roxxcart.

"Anything?" Mobius called to Hunter B-15.

"Nothing yet. Move out!" She shouted back.

It was hard to hear over the storm so yelling was the only source of communication at the moment.

All the soldiers began towards the store, Loki, Mobius, and Wanda in the back.

They all entered the store, which was mostly empty at the front so it was easy for them to start scattering and looking for the variant.

Wanda was shivering from the cold rain since in America, where she was for a long time, it was usually hot. Sokovia was a cold place but switching back to that was hard. Also she'd been in a desert for quite a while before being taken by the TVA.

None of the other soldiers seemed to be affected by the cold which was quite annoying.

The doors shut and Loki had green magic wash over him, drying him completely.

Hunter B-15, turned since she was next to him after Mobius had walked around next to Wanda look around.

"The hell was that?"

Loki turned to her.

"That was me. Using magic to dry my clothes." He replied sassily.

B-15 glared at him.

"So I don't announce myself with every squeaky footstep like the rest of you."

He turned his head to Wanda who was still shivering and he offered his now dry jacket to her.

She looked at it for a moment before taking it and putting it on. Then her own magic washed over her, drying her as well.

"If you could do that from the start then why were you shivering?" Loki asked.

"I wanted the jacket." Wanda shrugged, giving an innocent smile.

The lights flickered a bit and everyone looked up on cue before the moment passed and they resumed their looking around.

"Take both teams and sweep the storm shelter." B-15 instructed some of the soldiers.

"Yes ma'am."
"Got it."

They replied back before turning out to go search.

"These two and I are gonna check out the Green House. We'll meet back at the-"

"No." B-15 cut Mobius off before he could finish.

"No?"

"You go with D-90. These two stay with me."

"What are you talking- they're under my supervision."

"This is my field op, Mobius. If they're not a threat then-"

"Of course they're a threat. Remember the Time Theater? Wanda's magic going all over the place. And who knows what this guy can do?"

"Mobius." Loki said, trying to stop him. It didn't work.

"That's why I want them with me." Mobius finished.

"You are more than welcome to go back to the TVA and litigate with Renslayer, but right now-"

"We're here! We're not going back. The variant is here." Mobius stated, getting annoyed.

"Mobius it's fine." Wanda said, putting a hand on his shoulder.