CHAP.1

And so it began..

It was a beautiful windy day. There seemed to be a snow storm coming. The city lights seemed to have faltered and the hustling streets have dulled.

Ava was walking down the streets of New York with her headphone in her ears and nothing in particular in her mind.

She was a free spirited girl. She felt like nothing could over power her. She had finally been freed from those evil people who dared to call her family.

She arrived in front of her apartment and opened the door. The fresh smell of baked cookies hit her in the face. The warm air in the apartment made her cheeks heat up.

She was once again reminded that she was not alone.

Ava lived with her brother. Her brother had adopted her,but still treated her the same, the only difference was that now he was her guardian.

" I'm home." She announced getting rid of her coat and boots. She also had groceries which she discarded on the ground.

" I don't know why you insist on walking around when it's under -1 degrees outside." Her brother sighed, taking out his freshly baked cookies out of the oven.

" I enjoy the freedom I get from walking around." Ava says while putting the groceries in their place.

" Well I hope you also enjoy getting hypothermia." He sarcastically says Handing her one of the freshly baked cookies.

She laughed and went upstairs to change.

Ava and her brother had lived in uptown New York for about two years now. They had lived here when Ava was sixteen.
Her brother had gotten this big promotion at work and decided it was time he took action.

He got full custody of Ava. Ever since then Ava had been the happiest she could be. Not having to see her family anymore was the most relieving thing that could have happened to her.

Now that Ava was 18 and finished highschool she decided to take a year off and breathe before she could start school again.

She had gotten accepted at NYU; it wasn't her dream school but definitely close second. It also worked for her since the campus was only thirty minutes away from her home.

She finished changing and walked back downstairs. She spotted her brother working and on the phone with someone so she decided to leave him alone for now.

Even though he made tons of money he was a workaholic and always worked extra hours.

She went down to the lounging area where she had a built-in library set that she built with the help of her brother.
She collected a variety of books but her favorites were rom-coms.

She loved comedy mixed with love. She felt like it was a breath of fresh air when they mixed those two so the book wouldn't only be fixed on the drama happening in the book.