It ends with us

Andreas P.O.V-

The wings are brought out to us within minutes. As two guys sit the wings on the table, they give Doug and me wary looks, wondering if we're crazy enough to do this. Trust me, I don't need them to say anything, Elizabeth is all up in my ear. Literally.

"You can't be serious about this, Andreas."

I turn my head in her direction, "I am. You have to know by now I don't play around and I don't back down from a challenge."

She groans, "You heard what Teddy said about the skin peeling from his cousin's mouth, right Teddy?" She points to him. He nods his head.

"Yeah, man. It's a serious thing."

I roll my eyes at both of them, "I'll be fine, just believe in me."

"I do believe in you; it's just I'm scared of the aftermath." Her hand goes through my hair, kissing the shell of my ear. I shiver under her touch.

Across from me, I see Doug getting ready to eat the wings. Carlee is in his ear, whispering cheering chants while he nods his head. "See, look at Carlee cheering him on, why can't you be like that?" I asked Elizabeth. Out of us all, Carlee has always been the most competitive, and it also brings out the bad side of her.

Carlee smirks, "The only reason she doesn't believe in you is that she knows you're going to lose. Doug is going to beat your ass!" Everyone from the table stops talking, even Mary who's sitting at the counter, talking to that waiter guy turns.

"What is Doug doing to you?" asked Bridget.

"I'm not doing anything to her, she's just a firecracker. You should hear her in the-", before he could finish his sentence, Carlee clamps a hand over his mouth.

Jace claps his hands, "Alright, are we ready to get this contest started. Here's how it's going to go, the first person to eat all the wings wins. You are not allowed to drink anything or take a break. We do this in one sitting. Does anyone have any questions?" Both Doug and I shake our heads. "On your marks... get set... GO!"

Doug and I start shuffling wings in our mouths. As soon as the wet sauce touches my tongue, I can feel my whole body start to catch on fire. Damn, these wings are hot. I knew they would be spicy, but not scorching hot to where I felt my tongue was about to fall off.

I push the pain, the burning pain, aside and keep eating. As I look at Doug across from me, all I see is a man on a mission, and that mission is to win. I can see a bead of sweat going down his forehead, as Carlee rubs his shoulders.

"Andreas, maybe you should stop right now," Elizabeth said in my ear. Her finger wipes the sweat from my face.

"No!" She quiets next to me.

The competition goes something like this:

We both chew down as many wings as we possibly can. At one point, Doug was ahead of me, to stop him from catching up, I started sucking the meat off the bones and chewing at the same time, he picked up on it and started copying me. I tried to get him disqualified for that, but Jace said it doesn't fit in the guidelines. Through it all, my eyes start to water and I even get some spice in my eye and Doug is choking on a bone. He has no choice but to bow out of the competition and I win.

Thanks for that bone getting lodged in his throat.

"Yeah, suck on that!" I scream at Doug, Elizabeth slaps my arm, saying, "Don't say that to him, he almost died." I waved her off.

"He lived, he's known as the grown boy who lived and lost a wing eating contest." Doug just sticks up his middle finger.

Our food ends up coming out right after Doug and I settled down from eating the fire-breathing wings. We all sat around, eating and joking around. My eyes leave everyone else and focus on Elizabeth. She ordered the steak and is having a hard time cutting it. I asked her if she wanted me to cut it, but she denied my offer, saying she could do it herself.