Pope

"Brake, brake, brake."

I slammed on the brakes and the van stopped immediately. I didn't want to look over to see Pope's face, I knew he was upset.

Finally looking over, he was holding onto the armrests and blowing out a breath.

"Put the car in park please," he said, "you almost crashed the van, Y/N."

I had just gotten my license and wanted Pope to teach me to drive. His dad always let him drive and deliver groceries with him, even when he didn't have a license. With him being my boyfriend, it also gave me an excuse to have him teach me. Let's just say it wasn't going well.

"Jesus Y/N, we almost died," Pope practically screamed.

Now I knew what I did was wrong, I obviously wasn't a good driver but my parents wouldn't help me and I had no other choice than to get help from Pope.

"I know, please stop yelling at me. Let's just go home, I don't want to do this anymore."

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell, you scared the shit out of me," he continued, "let's keep going, just slow."

I slowly pressed on the gas and help on tight to the steering wheel. When I came up to a stop sign, I slowed down and stopped all the way, turning my head to face Pope.

"You're doing good, now turn left."

Flicking my blinker on, I turned left after checking if the coast was clear and pulled up close to the chateau.

"Now park by JJ's bike. Slowly and make sure to turn on the E-brake."

I pulled in slowly and parked with ease. After leaving the van, I wiped my anxious, sweaty hands on my shorts and joined Pope as he walked inside.

"Hey guys, how'd the driving go?" John B asked and I went quiet.

"It was fine, other than Y/N almost killing us and crashing the van" Pope spoke up and I bit my lip as looked to see John B's mouth hung open.

"You didn't crash it, did you?"

"No, but it was close." Pope wouldn't shut his mouth and I could feel my face getting red.

"It was fine," I promised, "I won't drive it again."