Topper

You ever feel stuck? Like you're in need of a change, something to difference your life and take a new step. Everyday started to feel like one long blur and the routine was boring.

I wasn't sure if it was school, or my work, maybe even my boyfriend Topper. It was all the same, no matter what.

I had mentioned it to Topper and announced I was ready for some type of change. My first idea was to have a baby, though we both knew we weren't ready for that. Frankly, because we were teenagers. But we needed an addition to our lives, a change in schedule.

That's where Charlie came in. Topper totally shut down the baby idea and instead, brought a small chocolate lab named Charlie to my house.

That had sprung a small argument about where he would stay. Sure, Topper and I only lived a few houses away from eachother but we didn't live together and we were still young. I knew my parents would kill me if I had a full on dog.

Topper insisted, stating, "I'm always at your house anyways, I'm there more than I'm at my own house. It'll just be easier."

And that was it, I loved him and knew I whatever my mom would be upset about, it would blow over. Which it did.

"Topper hurry up," I yelled up the stairs and he rushed down with the leash in hand.

"Sorry babe, had to find this"

He hooked it onto Charlie's collar and we locked the door behind us. Toppers fingers were linked with mine as we walked to the beach. The early morning meant the whole beach was basically empty, other than the few older surfers who wanted to hit the waves before the younger kids stole them all.

Once I unclipped the puppy, he started running, chasing after Topper through the sand. Charlie started barking and running after the seaguls who flew away when they noticed the dog.

The brown dog jumped through the water and attempted to bite every wave that came crashing to the shore. Topper laughed at the sight of our fur baby and everything he did.

From the moment Topper showed up at my door with Charlie in his arms. My days didn't feel so repetitive. Everyday held something new, and I didn't feel bored with the weeks. I didn't know what to expect from tomorrow or be bored of yesterday.

"It was a good idea to get a dog, probably the best thing I did." He admitted.

"And to think I was just about ready to have a baby."

"That would've been a bad idea. A really bad idea."

A/N- sorry for the wait omg. May was so busy and I finally have something to post. Please tell me some of you guys are stranger things fans, because I can not get enough of that show. The obsession I have with that show is not okay. Joseph quinn is the loml fr.