JJ

The hot May sun was blaring down on the streets of the Outer Banks. First day into May, and it already felt as if it were July.

The first half of the year, I was extremely busy and barely had any time to continue with my yearly gardening. It was a tradition at this point; to have colourful tulips and daisies scattered in front of the chateau.

The chateau was boring in my opinion, the beige and browns, the large tree by the house with the hammock; it just needed something. Which is where I came in, planting all sorts of fun colours and plants.

JJ followed me outside carrying a small shovel and a bucket of water. I held the bulbs for the flowers and another shovel. Usually, I did the planting by myself but this year JJ insisted on helping.

His shirtless frame kneeled on the grass and he started digging a small hole in the dirt. The water jug was beside his knees on the ground, balancing on the uneven grass. I knelt beside him and dug a small hole, to place a bulb inside. Once the bulb was inside, I used my hands to put more dirt on top and poured a little water on it.

JJ and I moved along the garden, planting more and more. He dug up a little dirt, which flicked up to my face. My jaw dropped as I scoffed, wiping the filth off my face.

"What the hell, J," I laughed.

He was laughing before I wiped my dirty hands on his bare chest, which totally silenced his giggles. J lifted a finger and spread some mud on my cheek. I scooped some water from the jug with my hand and flicked it at him.

Our laughs filled the front yard as we continued our fight. I pushed my boyfriend on his back and wiped my lips with my arm before planting my hands on his hips. His lips were on pressed on mine within seconds and I smiled before he pushed his tongue between my lips.

We made out for a minute or two before I pulled away, with a doe-eyed smirk.

"Were filthy, I'm gonna go shower," I stated as I got up off of him.

"What? Don't go without me," JJ complained, chasing after me with the shovels and water jug in hand.

I giggled as I ran up the steps to the chateau, with a needy boyfriend following close behind.