John B

My head was pounding, I could feel it in my ears and right behind my eyes. The weird, bright lights and loud speaking only made it worse. I just wanted to lay down in a dark room with some water, anything to help my throbbing migraine.

John B, my lovely yet annoying boyfriend, practically dragged me to the wreck after work. He said something along the lines as 'it's just a dinner babe, it'll be fine'. Little did he know that my head was killing me.

Work was shit; my manager was nagging me all day, I had to deal with several Karen's, I spilt hot coffee all over me and slipped on my ass multiple times. Everything just added on and on, leaving me with the problem I had.

We ordered our food and some drinks, JJ and Pope were talking about something that happened during the day; probably something including JJ's gun. Kie added in every once in a while,  helping the conversation flow. I stayed quiet, stirring the ice in my water with the metal straw, the one that Kiara basically forced me to use. 

It seemed as if everything anyone said, John B had a cocky comment to follow it. He was acting so cocky and prissy all night, almost to the point of my eye twitching. Every word that left his mouth felt like someone was stabbing my brain, my head was pounding in my ears.

I tried to stay calm and not let it get to me, until he started making the comments towards me. Eventually I just shut my mouth and waited for the food. When the food came, I played with the fries on the side of the plate as I contemplated eating them. After eating a single fry, I felt the need to throw up but never did.

"Why aren't you eating?" John B asked, rubbing my back and I quickly pushed his hand away.

"Not hungry," I answered.

"Well maybe you should've gotten the-" He was gonna make a stupid comment again. No way.

"John B!" I snapped, cutting him off, and he instantly shut his mouth.

I dropped my napkin on the table and pulled my chair out from under the table. After pushing it back in, I walked away from the table and left the restaurant. Sitting outside, I rubbed the side of my head and took a few breaths. John B came running out of the doors and looked around until he found me.

"Babe what happened? Are you alright?" He asked.

"I had a shit day at work and everything was going wrong. My head is pounding and I feel like im gonna throw up and pass out. Everytime I open my mouth, you have to say something cocky and annoying. I just can't take it right now. I love you John B, but please just stop talking for 5 minutes."

"Ok. I didn't know you didn't feel good, I'm sorry. Would you like to go home?" I nodded and he pulled me into his arms.

"Sorry for ruining dinner night."

"It's fine. I'm sorry for being an idiot. Next time, telling me I'm being a dick and I'll shut up."

"I was trying to send you little signs but nothing was happening."

"I'm a guy, babe, we don't understand the signs," he chuckled and I smiled.

We said goodbye to the others and packed our food to-go. Once we got home, he layed me down in the bed and grabbed me a glass of water. John B layed next to me and rubbed his fingers through my hair, helping the throbbing migraine fade away as I fell asleep.

A/N- first up, I want to say thank you so so much for all the love on the book lately. I'm so insanely grateful for everything! Second, migraine suck man. I get them all the time and ughhh