Catching Up : Chapter 17

Was it Love or was I Obsessed?

Growing up in Mystic Falls I was always fond of Tyler . His honey caramel skin color , his prominent abs he started working on in middle school, the way he styled his hair, or just the way he was super passionate about sports .

I don't remember when I fell ... in love with him . I don't even know if it's love if I'm being honest.

When I was younger ... I wasn't gorgeous . I was ... ugly in a sense ... not fitting into society's standards of how beauty should be. Even though I wasn't gifted in looks ... I had friends like real friends like Bonnie, Elena and Caroline . I wasn't some charity case like shows where I was an odd ball of my class ... I was fine.

No boy paid attention to me though ... until Tyler did. He used to joke with me and talk to me a lot when we were younger . Obviously people grow apart but I don't remember when I fell in love or ... became obsessed with him . That's all I seem to remember.

I keep telling myself i returned to Mystic Falls because I hated Belgium and not because of him .

Him standing in front of me brings back these memories and in some way I fell sorry for myself .

Because He'll never be mine and I'll never be his .

I gesture him to sit across from me in my booth so he sits and for the first time since I hit puberty and convinced myself my boobs somehow got bigger ... I don't seem confident anymore ... I feel small now compared to him .

"So ... I heard you're on the run", I say .

He looks at me dumbfounded.

I know I did not just say that.

"Shit my bad, I didn't mean to say that ", I add on.

His face seems to relax and he lets out a laugh .

"Yeah ..." , he says .

"Don't worry you don't have to say anymore, I know the topic is kind of uncomfortable to speak about." I add on.

The waiter brings my food after I finish speaking and I offer some to Tyler.

Tyler looks at me like a dumb bitch and shows me his fangs .

.... Why am I so dumb ?

I show him mines too and he retreats ASAP.

"What ... how ... When"

He starts questioning me like I'm some kid who did something bad or something.

"Katherine" I say... "She wanted to send a message but it never got delivered."

"You?" I ask .

"Klaus and his experiment"

"I forgot about that ..."

"How'd you know"

"Wouldn't you like to know"

"Sassy and remarkable, just like old times"

"Surprised you remember ... I thought you totally forgot about me"

"Wouldn't forget a cute face and a fat ass", he says.

I roll my eyes and flick him off .

We catch up on old times and I find myself smiling ... but like I said ... he isn't mine.

We keep talking and I continue the conversation hoping this time he spends with me makes him forget he is  on the run.

"Where you staying at" I ask .

"Nowhere really, I keep running"

"Wanna crash , I'm staying at this amazing hotel ... I don't mind letting you crash a couple nights"

"Really", he asks.

"Swear", I say .

"Come on let's go" I say after I pay my bill and leave a tip.

I link my arms with his and off we go because the night is still young .

♡ ♡ ♡

Missed you guys . Filler chapter , I know some of you guys still read it . Lmk what you wanna see <3