#12

Arjun went to Dev's house which which was a two storey independent house built on a newly developed region as there were more under construction houses around. A bicycle was parked outside the house. He went near to the house of which the door was partly opened.

He took out his handgun and entered inside. There was no one in the living room. He looked at the stairs. As he went upstairs he heard footsteps. He arrived at the upper floor and went inside the bedroom where Diya was going through Dev's wardrobe. His clothes were spread around on the floor and bed.

" Stay where you are. "

Diya heard the lines and stopped.

Arjun said, " Move around slowly. "

She slightly turned around and faced him who had pointed the gun to her. He looked at Diya and reminded she was the same girl at mortuary.

A maxi truck arrived near the house which was driven by Yuvaan. Kabir and Yuvaan assembled the silencer on their gun and moved out.

Arjun asked him, " How do you know him? "

She remained silent.

He yelled, " Tell me. How do you know him? "

Kabir and Yuvaan heard his yell while they were in the living room. Kabir gestured Yuvaan to go upstairs upon which he nodded his head.

He looked out of the window where the maxi truck was parked outside the house.

Kabir went upstairs followed by Yuvaan with their respective rifles in their hand. Arriving at the upper floor they went inside the bedroom where they found the clothes which were spread around in the room. Yuvaan looked at the washroom which was at corner of the room.

Kabir went near to the wardrobe which of which the door was shut. Yuvaan knocked the door of washroom and tried to push it. He realised the door was shut from inside.

Yuvaan said, " There is someone inside. "

Kabir looked at him. The cupboard door got opened which hit Kabir that pushed him back. Arjun moved out of the cupboard with the handgun and began to shoot at him.

Kabir was shot on his shoulder but he dropped his rifle, ran towards Arjun and pushed him towards the cupboard. They both fell down as Yuvaan pointed his rifle towards him.

Arjun sighed while looking at him. Yuvaan was about to move ahead, he heard a sound of latch. As he turned around to the bathroom Diya appeared before him who sprayed an insect spray into his eyes.

Kabir tried to get his hand on Arjun's handgun which was near the cupboard. Arjun managed to stand up picked up his gun and was about to shot Yuvaan on his back but Kabir held his legs and knocked him down.

Diya moved out of the bathroom and rushed to pick up the handgun. Before that Kabir stood up, went near to her, lifted her up and hurled her on the bed. Arjun stood up, pushed away Yuvaan towards the window while he was suffering from his itchy eyes.

Kabir picked up a pillow to kill Diya but his neck was held by Arjun tightly. Arjun gestured Diya to pick up the gun. She jumped of the bed, picked up the gun and shot Kabir twice.

Yuvaan gained his sight after the itchiness got over. He looked at Kabir who was laying dead. Arjun ran towards and kicked him out of the window. Yuvaan fell on the ground outside the house.

Diya came near to the window and looked at Yuvaan who was half dead on the ground and then turned to a dead Kabir which made him restless.

Arjun asked " You haven't me answered me yet. "

She looked at Arjun who had taken out the drawer from the table. Arjun went through the documents which were kept inside the drawer.

He asked, " Why you are here? "

She replied, " I shall be thankful to you to save my life but I have to abide by my mentor. "

He took out a cash memo and turned to her. He clicked photos of the rifle of Kabir and send it to a contact.

He asked, " Mentor? You haven't even explained me how do you know him. "

She explained, " A year ago my father lead a drug raid with his fellow officers on a site. As per the source a large amount of drugs were about to be transported across the border inside a container. When they arrived at the site, they found the empty containers and the operation was aborted. When they were about to leave the site an explosion occurred which killed all of them. "

Arjun sighed, " How Dev is linked with the operation? "

" He had recently resigned from his service and he had offered me to work under him in his firm as his associate for a good remuneration."

" And you find it interesting. "

" I joined him in order to find the culprit who was responsible for the explosion. "

" If I say it was Dev himself. "

She exclaimed, " Are you out of your mind? He was my mentor. "

" You don't know the whole story. He had murdered two girls who were about to testify against a culprit in court. "

" He was not corrupt. "

He left the room. Arjun followed him.

While she went downstairs.

He asked, " What you are looking for? "

She stopped and turned to him.

" I have told you, he had told me not to trust anyone. I am working on my own. "

She left the house and rode away her bicycle.

Arjun called Sakshi who attended her phone while she was about to leave her office.

Sakshi, " Yes Arjun. "

Arjun scratched his head and said, " I need a forensic team here. Two men are down here. "

" Where are you? "

" I am at Dev's house. I was here for the investigation and I have got something. "

" I am sending the team right now. "

He sat on a chair of the living room and unfolded the cash memo which belonged to a private clinic.

A helicopter took off from a remote island and flew over the sea.

Karan Ahluwalia locked his gun shop and was about to leave.

" Mr. Ahluwalia? "

He heard a voice and turned around where Inspector Arun Ghosh was there in a casual outfit.

Karan said, " Sorry I have closed. "

" I am looking for something else. "

" I only deals with one thing. "

" But not this one. "

" Sorry? "

Ghosh showed him an image of an assault rifle in his phone. Karan was stunned to see the image as it was a UK made weapon.

Ghosh said, " It's an AWM. "

Karan asked, " Who told you about me? "

Ghosh chuckled, " The source is confidential. I am looking for it for a private contractor. "