Chapter eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Deals and death

-"öga för öga"

××××××

DOLORES HAD ASKED FIVE TO DROP her off at Klaus' to make sure he was doing okay.
She felt bad about the lack of concern the family had shown him and wanted to ask about what had happened.

At first Five protested not wanting her under the influence of his junkie brother but as weird as her request was it was convenient for him in order to make the deal he truly didn't want to make and so he gave in.

So now here she was sitting in Klaus' very cushion-y room in silence as he stared at the chair she had previously went to sit on before he told her it was "occupado." And shooed her away.

"So uhm what happened at the supper?" The curious dame asked the man after a considerable amount of silence. Her words were shakey as she was still a little scared of the man beside her.

To say Klaus was surprised to see the girl and his brother at his door was an understatement. All Five had said was "look after her." And left.

"What does it matter, you wouldn't believe me anyway." He muttered keeping his eyes on one spot.

"I might. You won't know until you tell me." Dolores reasoned. Her mind was swarming with questions about this man.

"Our dead brother possessed me." He stated throwing his arms extravagantly , it sounded like the seance had given up on everything. He turned his gaze slightly to the girl expecting her to give him a weird look or roll her doe eyes or something any normal person would have done.

But she didn't.

Her blinkers were looking down at her pale knees as she thought about the possibility of that happening.

"That makes sense. Your power is to communicate with the dead as Five had said. Are you alright? It seemed a tad painful." She smiled and him sweetly before remembering the look of pain that took over his face when the possession happened.

Klaus seeing her reaction gave a relieved look, it was nice to have someone believe him right off the bat.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. Why are you asking anyways?" Klaus asked soberly. Not in a way that was to be taken as offensive.

"Why wouldn't I ask?" The dame didn't understand why it was so shocking.

"No one ever asks about ol' Klaus. No one cares." He shrugs like it wasn't bothering him in the slightest.