Chapter one

Dolores or Dolor the Latin word for grief.

Chapter one:
where the story begins

Chapter one: where the story begins

November 15th 1963
14 years later...

××××××

DOLORES JANE HARGREEVES'S WAS heading to the local library, sure she had one at home, multiple actually but she liked the local one. There were so many books she hadn't read there.

Suddenly the white haired dame stopped making tracks when she heard a comedically and unnecessarily loud "whoosh" sound. When her gaze turned to the opposite side of the street she had been walking on, she saw two men standing behind the bus bench who hadn't been there moments ago. Surely they could have been walking but no one in that attire had been around for miles.

Keeping her shutters on the pair she hid behind a car that was parked nearby, out of the fear she'd be seen by one of them and got her chops busted.

One seemed to be around fifteen years of age, he was as Dolores would put it, a flutter bum. Now usually Dolores wasn't one of those khaki whackys' but he was something different to the other men of Dallas. He looked smarter, maybe not in comparison to her but he might've been able to keep up with whatever she was discussing. Unfortunately he looked as though he was a cold fish and the young women wasn't really supposed to have friends.

The geezer he was with didn't seem to be any better but she couldn't judge them as she didn't know them personally. He was decked out in a suit so he must of held some importance, maybe he was an ace or glitterati like her father, who too wore a suit, which happened to be much smarter looking then the one the geezer on the bus bench had.

From the corner of her eye she saw three men, supposedly triplets as they had about the same face, come out of a van, all pale and white haired although that was nothing compared to the Albino. They all seemed determined but she didn't see them bothering anyone so she left them be.

The boy and the man looked to be in a serious conversation, she noticed the dreamboat with the weird bowling stompers looked anxious, as though he was about to flip his wig.

As she watched curiously she couldn't help but wonder where they had appeared from. She wished she could ask but her father taught her better than to walk into someone's conversation uninvited.

Finally as Dolores' patience was beginning to wear thin and she was about to take powder and make her way to her original destination the boy stood alert with a confused expression.
"Then who the hell are those guys?" Had been the only sentence Dolores heard from their conversation.
Before she had time to fully dwell on how clear the boy spoke, he could make the king's jive with a voice like that. Was all she got to think before her attention was drawn back to the pair.