Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
Reggie excepts Five

-"one could overthrow an empire, one could fall in love

-"one could overthrow an empire, one could fall in love."

××××××

THINKING ABOUT IT DOLORES NEVER heard her father speak fondly of their president JFK. In fact she couldn't remember him talking about him around her at all. So in her mind it made little to no sense why her father, a man with no interest in the president whatsoever would want to assassinate him. But she couldn't deny it. The evidence was right there, sat on the table in front of her.

"This...this doesn't prove anything you obtuse fathead he's just standing there!" Dolores shouted in an attempt to defend her father.

"Please, I bet you're in on it to aren't you?" Diego scoffs at the girl who looked at him with wide angry blinkers.

"Is that what you really think? That I, a fifteen year old girl is trying to assassinate the president?" She asked hurt by his accusations. The white haired dame had become quite fond of the long haired knife thrower.

Said man didn't answer he only snarled back at the girl. He wouldn't admit it but he himself was fond of the pale teen but he couldn't trust her as much as he wanted to. 

Dolores huffs and averts her purple coloured eyes to her raven haired friend hoping to God he wouldn't be thinking the same.

He gave her a stoic unreadable expression. Dolores crossed her arms and turned her gaze to her father.

"Well..." He begins looking up from the photograph. "I suppose you've solved it." He continued placing the piece of paper on the table. "You've single handedly unearthed my nefarious plot."

Him saying this caught the dame by surprise. Her mouth agape. Diego however started to smirk ever so slightly after hearing what the old man had said.

"Is that what you want to hear?" Reginald asked. "You fancy yourself a do-gooder? The last good man who will save us from our decent into corruption and conspiracy? This is a fantastic delusion."

The man was on a rant and Dolores could tell Diego's feelings were being crushed and sadly she was sympathetic towards the man who had tried to rope her into his bum wrap.

"The sad reality is that you're a desperate man, tragically unaware of his own insignificance. Desperately clinging to his own Ineffectual reasoning. More succinctly. A man in over his head." The monocle wearing man scolds brutally.

Diego stares wide eyed as he starts to sit down, his mouth moving like he was struggling to get words out.
"You're wr...wrong." he stutters out.