Chapter 4.5

January 1st 1956

Happy birthday

××××××

FROM THE YOUNG AGE OF 4 THE ADVANCED child always felt her birthday marked an unfortunate event. Why she felt such a way was beyond her but none the less her gut told her so. She never really cared for the day that her birth was celebrated because in her opinion she did no work to help with her arrival, if anyone was to be celebrated surely it should be her mother.

Speaking of the gracious women, she had shrugged her daughter off every time she questioned the day for she, herself was excited for the day to be had.

Despite the close connection the family now had Dolores still didn't want her birthday celebrated.

So when the fateful morning arrived. The first day of the new year, the death, disappearance and wedding anniversary of her biological parents, the day the Hargreeves became a family to the snow white girl and of course said girls birthday. Dolores had woken up earlier then ever, not because she was excited but because she was avoiding her 'birthday morning wake up call.'

She originally planned to hide out in the huge mansion she called home since the place was so big there was less a likelihood of being found. This however failed when she caught sight of her small dark wooded vanity table. On the table sat a black baker boy styled hat, the one in which she had been eyeing for months and beside that was a black overall dress to match.

The young girl neared the items quietly knowing her parents who were situated next room over would most likely be asleep.

Morning Doll,

Figured you'd be awake before us so you could hide but I wanted to give you these. Happy birthday we love you so much our beautiful girl.

- mom and dad.

Dolores read on the cardboard that sat up against her mirror. A little bubble of guilt began to form. She couldn't wrap her head around why her mother loved the day as much as she had but the child was more then willing to make the blonde women happy.

And so she sighed a heavy sigh and walked off to Pogos room. There was no way she'd be falling back asleep again and perhaps if Pogo was with her when she woke her parents they wouldn't be so grumpy. Fact being they were no where near morning people.

"Pogo? You awake?" The child whispered as she stood in the doorway of the room that was far to big for the small being that was Pogo.