Chapter 5.5

February 5th 1956

First experiment

First experiment

××××××

TODAY WAS THE DAY. THE DAY THE YOUNG Hargreeves girl had been waiting and waiting for, so much so to the point she fret that it may never come.

"Come now Dulcedo, there's much to do." The British American accent boomed and bounced off the walls as the man to whom it belonged to called for his daughter.

Quickly the girl threw her backpack containing both her and her father's necessary items. Her abominable head of curls bounced back and forth as she hurriedly scampered to her father's calling, an ear to ear smile adorned her.

Her mother smiled at the excitement her daughter sported. Knowing just how special this day was for her.

"Let's go, let's go, let us get going. Please! Hurry!" The little one struggled trying to push her father our the door. He humourously chuckled at the excited girl before picking her up and throwing her onto his shoulders. A tradition that was to continue throughout her years of youth.

Dolores giggled joyously, the noise seeming contagious as soon all the Hargreeves were all in their own fits of laughter.

"Alright now, let's be off." Her father declared as both of his family members calmed themselves.

And just as he said they made their way to the workplace of the child's parents. The big building didn't have the slightest bit of intimation on Dolores for she'd been there many times before.

"Good morning you lot." One of the lab workers greeted happily. One Dolores knew all to well.

Dolores waved her small hand as she slid down from her father's shoulders and landed lightly on her feet.

"Dovie guess what?!" The child addressed running over to the African American women whom had greeted them.

"I don't know, tell me dear." She said crouching down to the small being.

The girls eyes were wide with excitement. "I get to do my very first grown up experiment!" She screamed joyously.

"Calm now Dolores." Her father lightly scolded his excited daughter.

Heat rushed to her cheeks out of embarrassment. "Sorry father." She bowed her head as she apologized.

"No matter little one, I'm excited to see what you come up with." Dovie comforted the child, gently patting her on the head.