Chapter 26: Facing The Past And Moving On To Fight For Her

No one's Pov

In a hospital Koharu woke up as she regain his consciousness and sees Alex looking at her.

Alex: Thank goodness you're alright, I was worried.

Koharu: What happened?

Alex: You were hurt and brought here.

Koharu was later released from the hospital the other day. As she was trying to sleep, her memories of Monarch began disappearing which she then woke up gasping and tearing.

Koharu calls Alex, as he woke up and accepts the call. Which then he logged into ALO in his house, to see Koharu at the living room.

Monarch: What's wrong? It's late at this time.

Monarch was met with silence as he turned on a lamp.

Koharu: Sorry. for calling you here all of a sudden, Monarch.

Monarch: It's fine. Anyway, did something happen? Want to talk it over?

Koharu Look around the house as she gets up and answer Monarch.

Koharu: Monarch, do you remember the day that I first met you?

Monarch: Of course I do. It's the time I met you out in the fields fighting monsters of the first floor of the game's launch. And we became partners eversince as we gone up through multiple floors.

Koharu: How long have we lived here in this house, again?

Monarch: You're meaning since we first bought it in Sao or ALO version, I say two years ago.

Koharu: Right...

Monarch: Koharu?

Koharu: I knew it. I can't remember...

Monarch: You can't remember? What are you mean?

Koharu: I can't remember anything that happened in Aincrad. How we met, how we became partners and fought together. Us living in this house...

Monarch: Wh-What are you talking about, Koharu? You can't be serious right?

Monarch walks closer to check Koharu, as she shakes her head as her response.

Koharu: As time passed, my memories of Sao kept fading. And now there's nothing left.

Timeskip

Monarch being shocked that Koharu is losing her memories. Which he have Koharu checked at Kohoku General hospital as she was finished being checked.
Then they say that they find nothing wrong with Koharu, which Dr. Kurahashi said that Koharu's case is similar to other people who are experiencing the same. But isn't sure that AR battles are caused by the Augma.

Alex: Is Koharu going to be all right?

Kurahashi: At this time, there are no signs of any organic anomalies in the brain itself. Most likely, her ability to recall was impaired.
When the electron pulses degenerated her spine. That said, I can't say without further observation whether her symptoms will worsen.

Alex: In other words, you're saying she might lose even more of her memory that she already has?

Alex in his mind was worrying about the thought of it, as he looks to Koharu being lost in her mind hearing what she heard of the information.
Later the two were at the Hospital's lobby.

Koharu: I'm sorry, Alex.

Alex: Don't worry about it. You still remember recent events, after all.

Koharu was silent as Alex say more.