Chapter 20: The Challenge Of Zekken (Mother's Rosario Arc) (Rewritten)

Jan 6, 2026 ALO Floor 10 Samurai House
No one's Pov

At Floor 10, Samurai House. The girls were doing homework before their winter break was about to end.
While Seven was sleeping on a chair from working hard on her research project. As Monarch was outside at the back porch with Koharu looking out at the snow.

The girls talked about someone called Zekken. Which who was seeking challengers to duel, Liz and Leafa tried dueling Zekken but they ended up being defeated.

Asuna: About this Zekken. If he's keeps being undefeated, won't there be no one to fight anymore.

Silica: Well there is something that is something incredible, that Zekken will give to the victor.

Asuna: Is it a rare exotic item?

Silica: No it isn't. Zekken is betting a original sword skill in the line. A really special strong class move.

Asuna: An original Sword Skill? For which weapon and how many hits?

Silica: Um.. It looked like a generic sword skill for a one handed sword. Also it's a 11 hit combo!

Asuna: 11 hits?

Liz: Given that what's the best sword skill of how many hits that it gives? There are a few possessors in mind.

Leafa: Well there's Eugene's skill with his 8 hits. And there's Kirito with his starburst stream that is a 16 hit.
Wait! Monarch's Original Sword Skill <<Ace's Singularity>>, is probably the highest which ranged up to a 30 hit combo with his Split Blades.

Asuna then asked more to Leafa of what of her experienced fight with Zekken. Which Leafa was quickly overpowered by only default sword skills.

Asuna: Anyways, What race and weapon?

Leafa: A Imp. Weapon's a one handed sword. But it's slim as your rapier, it's really fast. I couldn't even keep track of movement it was unbelievable.

Asuna: A speed type, Hmm? Like you said if you can't keep track of movement, I don't know if I have a chance. Speaking of fast, we have two with incredible speed here with us. What about Kirito and Monarch? I'm sure that they be interested.

Everyone then smirked at Asuna.

Asuna: What's with that face?

Leafa: Kirito already fought. And he lost, but gave it his all of being cool.

Asuna: Kirito lost?! Then what about Monarch?

Liz: To be honest since after everything from Sao and beyond. He wasn't as his oldself and not going all out with his Split blades. I guess he's adjusting to a new life of settling.
The only time he was serious when there is something that needs him that becomes a dire situation.

The girls talked more on of theorising that Zekken could be an Sao player but they think that theory wouldn't work.

Liz then walks over to where Monarch and Koharu are as she asks them.

Liz: Hey Monarch, Koharu have you heard about Zekken?

Monarch: Zek what who..?

Liz: Zekken, he's really powerful that allot of people calling him that. The absolute blade, that he has his own sword skill.

Monarch: Someone like that exists? What kind of person is this Zekken?

Liz: I didn't start hearing all these rumours till around new year's, so... Maybe a week ago.

Koharu: Liz, you have to know we weren't here when during the time of new year's

Liz: Oh right you two were on a holiday trip over on new year's