Chapter 14: Gun Paradise And a New Problem (Phantom Bullet Arc) (Rewritten)

Dec 7, 2025 Japan
No One's Pov

Alex was at a restaurant being briefed by Kikuoka that a problem have occurred that someone was found dead at his home by dying in game,
That game is called Gun Gale Online, with the first death another death incident was followed after. By the name of an alias Death Gun. Surely Alex wouldn't believe some one would die from a virtual bullet and have to completely die in IRL.

Alex: You're sure these two deaths, were caused by acute heart failure right?

Kikuoka: What you're implying is?

Alex: There isn't any brain damage that occurred to them was there?

Kikuoka: I thought about that too.

Kikuoka: Given that these deaths more will soon follow before this could get out of hand. Which I'm asking you to jump into GGO and make contact with Death Gun.

Alex: Guess it makes sense due to I'm the suitable candidate that I have feats of accomplishments by surviving a death game, plus I'm familiar with Fps games so GGO won't be hard given that's it's ranking system is for pros that they could profit themselves in competitive events.

Kikuoka: Then we're at an agreement?

Alex: I'm in but I can't be doing all of this for nothing of stopping some rumoured virtual serial killer that appeared on your radar just now.

Kikuoka: Don't worry by doing this you'll be compensated 30%.

Timeskip ALO

In ALO the gang were taking on monsters, where Asuna was caught by monster plant's vines which Kirito have to end up saving her.

Monarch and Koharu were sitting on top of a mushroom with Yui aside them.

Monarch: I have something to tell you two about.

Koharu: What is it?

Monarch: I have to take sometime off from ALO to login a different game so I won't be here for awhile.

Koharu: Why?

Monarch: Someone asked me for my help.

Koharu: It's not something dangerous that you're doing, is it? Then I should to come with you?

Monarch: No, it's nothing dangerous. It's alright you don't have to come with me.

Koharu: Alright. should I tell the others?

Monarch: Yes. But I'll be soon when it's over okay?

Yui: Okay. But when will we see you again?

Monarch: You'll see me again soon. it won't be that long, I say about two to three days.

Yui: Then, Which game you'll be going to?

Monarch: Gun Gale Online.

Yui: Alright. Be safe cousin I-I mean! Daddy.

Monarch: (Chuckles) I will bye.

Monarch kissed Koharu goodbye and logs out.

Timeskip

Alex arrived to the hospital, found his room number on the third floor and knocks on the door first then opens to see a familiar nurse of his rehab from SAO.

???: Ah it's been a long time, Alex.

Alex: Hello. Ms. Aki, yes It's been a long time.

Aki then grabs Monarch's butt which caused him to moved forward having his arms up in defense.

Aki: Now that you've eaten well and shaped up. I was assigned to monitor you while you're investigating a virtual network for the government.

Alex: Did Kikuoka left a message judging that he's not here or soon to be?