Chapter 15

Under the bright rays of the sun, the young lady peacefully walked pass by the city streets with ease. She wore a light pink dress that fell down just above her ankles while holding a matching parasol to protect herself from the scorching heat of the sun.

Humming to herself, she freely strolled until she reached a certain store. She gently closed her parasol before entering the huge shop. A worker immediately greeted her as soon as she noticed her presence.

"Ah, My Lady! What can I do for you?" The female worker bowed towards the young lady who was examining the clothes displayed throughout the entire room.

"I need a new ball gown. Preferably, one in emerald green or teal." She responded as she looked at the worker who quickly dashed to present ball gowns to the noble.

Which waiting for the worker to return, she decided to look around in the jewelry section.

'I should probably decide on a gift for that unborn child.' She thought as she mindlessly observed the pile of accessories.

As much as she would want to give nothing at all, for the sake of proper courtesy, she would have to gift the child a decent enough item.

Suddenly, she spotted a certain hairpin. It was decorated with crystals that looked like white daises and had a simple design that still manages to capture one's attention. Picking it up, she inspected the delicate ornament that rested on her palms.

"My Lady, would you like to buy that one?" The female worker asked from behind her. Turning around, she saw that she brought along a long rack full of dresses in the color that she had requested.

"Ah, yes. I want two of these." Aria answered while handing the piece of jewelry to another worker that came with the previous one.

'Daisies represents innocence, new beginnings, purity, and hope. It is also a suitable flower to give to new mothers since it also symbolizes childbirth and motherhood. By giving it as a gift, I am wishing both the mother and child a beautiful future together.' She thought with an indifference look as she examined the rack of clothes in front of her.

'However, if one would look deeper, that may necessarily not be the case. While the outer white petals represents innocence, the middle yellow color represents corruption. That was the alternative meaning of the flower. So it may also mean that I see the mistress as a fraud who hides behind an innocent persona and that the unborn child inside her is a product of corruption, given the fact that the reason of its existence is because of an unfaithful husband. It can be depicted either way, depending on the sender's intention. In this way, I am able to convey a subtle message without clearly displaying my true feelings.'

'Only people who are incredibly fluent in the language of flowers would know the meaning of the latter. So even if she opens the gift during the celebration, which I highly doubt, only a respective few would be able to decipher and understand my intentions.'

"These four, I'll try them on." Aria pointed at some dresses among the numerous clothes presented. The worker nodded and led the noble lady to the changing room.

After an hour of wearing multiple outfits, she was finally able to pick the one that she would wear to the upcoming celebration. She bought it along with some additional accessories that the workers suggested to match the attire.

Admittedly, the whole visit made her exhausted but it had been all worth it at the very end.

"I'll have these purchases sent to the Valea Manor, My Lady. Thank you for gracing us with your presence and have a lovely day." The workers bowed to the Lady Valea as she exited the store.