Chapter 14

It was a particularly fine weather in the Valea Manor. As she usually does, the young lady was peacefully enjoying the picturesque scenery of her private garden. She was scribbling down on the piece of parchment provided for her with a focused gaze. After a few minutes had passed, she finally stopped and turned to look at one of the ladies-in-waiting that was accompanying her.

"Cordelia, send out invitations to these nobles. I will be holding a gathering." Aria instructed, handing the paper with the list of names she had just written on.

"Of course, My Lady." Cordelia accepted the list and read through it. "When do you wish to hold the gathering?"

"This weekend. Tell them to arrive at evening." The Lady Valea answered. The brown haired woman nodded and noted it in her mind.

As soon as she stated those words, Ophelia arrived holding a tray of sweets and her daily cup of tea. She carefully set it down on the circular table and served it to the young lady.

"My Lady, Prince Heinrey had just returned to his Kingdom a few days ago." She informed. Aria only hummed in response as she took a sip of the chamomile tea.

She was more surprised he hadn't returned sooner given the grave conditions of his elder brother. Somehow, she thinks that a certain woman with blonde hair and forest green eyes have something to do with it.

"Also, Duchess Tuania is said to be leaving the capital." Ophelia revealed.

"She will? How about the divorce then?"

"Unfortunately, it appears that the judge ruled in favor to the Duke because of her incident involving Viscount Landre." The lady's words made Aria frown.

"The Duchess would like me to give you her thanks. She also wanted to deliver this letter to you." Ophelia stated as she gave a letter to the Lady Valea.

Aria momentarily stared at the letter  in her hands before she came to her senses and opened it up to read.

'I am very grateful for your help, Lady Aria. And although you may think that you had contributed too little to be thanked, I would like to say that it deeply touched me that you were willing to help me during my time of need.'

'I'm writing this letter as a farewell. As you probably know, I will be leaving the capital now that the divorce had been settled. I am going to find Viscount Landre. He have risked his life for me and now I want to be the one to help him. Though I hope you may not need it, I will gladly help you if danger ever comes your way. I promise to repay you for your kindness along with Her Majesty who had also helped me.'

'I am happy to be able to meet such a dear friend, I hope we would meet once again in the future. Please burn this letter after reading it.'

Aria smiled as she finished reading the letter. It seemed that the Viscount's sacrifice for her ultimately won her over. She must admit, they seem like a wonderful pair.

"Cordelia, remove Duchess Tuania on the list of guests." She ordered as folded the letter before letting it set on fire by the candlelight on her table.

"Would you like to add another person as replacement for the Duchess?" Cordelia inquired after scratching out the name of the Duchess off the list.

Aria paused for a while before answering. "Add Duke Ergi to the list."

"Very well, My Lady." The brown haired lady curtsied towards the Lady Valea then left to fulfill her duties.

Looking out through the tall trees covered with orange and yellow hues to indicate the start of the autumn season, she deeply pondered as she took another sip on her teacup. Prince Heinrey, Duchess Tuania, and even the Lady herself are all suddenly very far away from her. Despite the fact that she was still in the same Empire unlike the others, too many issues in the duchy made her too busy to be able to visit the palace. That is the very reason why she arranged a tea gathering after all, the Empress was included in the list and she hoped that she would accept the invitation.