𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔮

Billie's POV

New York City, NY

It's the next day and I would be lying if I was to say I couldn't get Sal out of my head. I wake up and take a shower I get dressed I still haven't done everything like buy a car, clothes, and an apartment but I think I will do all that when I return. 

I call an Uber and make my way to Interscope I have a meeting with John today so I might as well prepare.

I told uber to stop me at Starbucks I picked up the same order as yesterday and got back in to go to Interscope. "Good morning, Angela," I say to the receptionist. She replies while I make my way to Sal's office.

 I walk in and notice Sal pacing the room back and forth with papers splattered everywhere. I see her about to throw her laptop off the table, but I run over and grab her hand before she not only throws an expensive computer but regrets it later when she can't work.

 "Woah Sal calm down," I say looking her in the eyes, she looks at me and breaks down. I embrace her in a hug as we rock back in forth. "It's ok I've got you now," I say. "Do you want to talk about it?" Sal shakes her head and we sit there for a good hour.

After Sal has recovered, she looks like a mess but even when she is a mess, she looks gorgeous. 

"I'm sorry about that," she says "Sal you don't have to apologize" I replied. "They want everything so perfect, and they couldn't raise a perfect daughter, I'm such a disappointment. "Sal don't say that about yourself look at me" I take my hand and guide her by her chin to my eyes, so our eyes meet.

 "you're perfect to me ok." I replied "Thank you" Sal replies. "I of all people know what it's like I just wish you would express these things to me as your friend," I say. 

"Is that for me?" She asks referring to the strawberry refresher. "I don't know I was kind of feeling the strawberry refresher today," I say with a smirk causing her to smile. 

"There's that smile". "Let's get out of here yeah?" I ask as she looks at me dumbfounded.

"I've got work to do" She replies "Nope-nope-nope unless you want to look through all these papers and then clean them up to stay but it might take a while," I say bribing her.

 "Fine," She says as she grabs my hand and we run out like kids. "Where are we going?" Sal asks while shivering. I give her my jacket and due to the excessive size, it wraps around her body like a blanket.

 "Central Park," I say. Sal smiles and gets closer to me as we continue to walk hand in hand. We arrived at Central Park and sat on a bench taking in the cold crisp air while talking about everything.

 Sometimes I wouldn't pay attention to what she was saying just looking at the way she smiled when talking about music and how she missed being on the scene and other things that fascinated her.

"And then I remember I was in the Bronx when I was playing for this region it was so funny his head was synced with the beat." She says laughing. 

"Billie?" I blank back in and realize she was done with her story. "Did you hear me?" She asks curiously. "Yeah, let's go get some hot chocolate," I replied pulling Sal to the cart. 

"two hot chocolates please!" I say while the man pours two cups and sprinkles one with marshmallows. I passed the cup with marshmallows to Sal; she thanked me as we walked away.

"Sal?", "Yes Billie?" She replies. "Why didn't you tell me you got panic attacks?" I ask. She takes a long sigh. "They were gone, or I thought that they were" She replies.