𝔡𝔢𝔲𝔵

Salomé POV

New York City, NY

I've dedicated time and effort and I still feel like I'm not at my potential or at least what I would like to be at. Nothing makes me happy, I don't get excited when I walk into work and I don't like it any more there is good pay but happiness doesn't have a price.

"Good Morning Sal!" The receptionist says as I walk into the office, I don't know her name they get replaced every month so there's no need to get to know them but I like her considering she is the only receptionist in my 3 years of working who has greeted me.

 I walk into my office and take a seat taking a deep breath, I unpack my laptop open it, and start going on my email to check the requests and the invites for today.

 I love this time of the month when my boss goes around looking for the best of the best artist but only one can sign. I think it's a good opportunity and can change someone's life with an invitation.

 I'm never available to watch these shows because I'm handed all the work but still I think it's an amazing opportunity I try to finish all my work so I can at least watch some of them but that never goes well. 

As I'm working on the emails my secretary walks in. "John just landed he is going to need those papers immediately." She says as she walks away.

 I open my file cabinet get the papers of all the new artists' submissions and connect them with a paper clip as I get up and make my way to John's office. I knock on his door hearing a deep voice answer. 

"Oh Sal, Thank you I'm going to need you to do me a favor." He says "Don't you have an assistant?" I ask in a sarcastic tone. 

"Yes I do but this was last minute and I think you'd be the perfect person." He says with a sly smirk. 

I've never really had a problem with John but sometimes he can be a push other than that we have a love/hate business relationship. "Okay, so what's the favor?" I ask.

 "My last night in LA I met the amazing girl who can sing her ass off and I kind of invited her to the auditions." He says causing me to let out a laugh. 

"Oh, Well send her back because all the slots are full," I say. 

"That's the point she isn't going to audition I'd be a fool to let her leave NYC without being signed to Interscope Records," John says. 

"Let me get this straight you want me to sit in a room with a stranger for six hours until the end of the auditions? Bulls-" I start to say but I'm interrupted by John.

 "Isn't that what I pay you for? Also, the plane is landing in 30 you need to go pick her up she is with her brother so make sure you bring a big enough car.

 Thank you Sal" He says I mock him and walk out of the room to the company garage. I take the company vehicle and drive to the airport. 

I get to the airport and wait considering the flight has been delayed for dropoff this day can get any worse. I recline the seat and close my eyes for a while.

 I wake up with a slight knock on the window I look at the clock on the screen in the middle of the car I've taken a long nap. I look out the window and I'm met with a blonde-haired woman and a ginger man standing at the door.

 I unlocked the door and began to get out to help them with their bags. 

Once they're in the trunk, they get into the car. "Wow, Bil checks this out," the ginger man says as he gets into the vehicle. "My name is Salomé assistant manager of Interscope records we will arrive at Interscope HQ soon."