Chapter 25: A Place long Forgotten

A week has passed since the fight with Grole ended. Everything was calm and seemed to ba back to the way it used to be. The others attended their regular classes on the weekdays while working at the shop on the weekend, with Joseph on cleaning duties, Wendy behind the register, Ryan in charge of the arrangement of the new stock of rare crystal-covered dream catchers and Hitomi handling the tea and snacks for the staff while also decorating the house's interior with different kinds of flowers along with a glass vase of rare blue roses.

Once the day of their work has passed, and Lucas has closed the shop for the night, Wendy and Joseph ended their work hours before leaving the shop and heading back to their warm home as Hitomi and Ryan sat on the sofa together in peace.

Hitomi read a book that she has been reading for the past few days while Ryan read the unexplained book he came across upon the cave of the Red Giant. With Lucas in the kitchen cooking their dinner, it was safe to read the first of 5 mysterious books that they were previously told to find.

Despite already reading through the pages for an entire week, Ryan still couldn't believe all of the horrifying, mysterious, and fascinating creatures that were listed throughout the pages. Some of the pages contained beast and creatures that are already known to many people by myths and legends.

~Read me, Mortal!~

"I already am so keep it down"

Ryan spoke, sounding annoyed. Ryan's sudden burst of words alerted Hitomi and made her pause on the page she was reading. But her face was not of shock or surprise, it was nothing but calm and joyful as if she was already used to Ryan speaking like this.

"Is the book talking to you again?" Hitomi asked as Ryan sighed before responding.

"Yes... it's really annoying sometimes"

~You are the one who is annoying~

"I still don't get it, how come you are the only one who can hear the book? We thought you were still dazed when you told us the book was speaking that day you showed it to us"

"I don't get it either... but I'm glad Stella could hear the book's words as well, or else I would have looked and sounded crazy" Ryan replied followed by a short laugh at the joke he made which made Hitomi giggled as well. He flipped onto another page which had a horrifying illustration of a tall, skinny creature with antlers, eating an entire tribe of natives. Having the title of, Wendigo.

"Do you think it has something to do with your relation our world...?"

"It's possible... but I won't worry about it too much. It's mostly just annoying. Although the illustrations and information of creatures, that I both haven't and have read before, are quite intriguing"

"Do you think some of them are real?"

"I don't know... but... I have a feeling that some of them do. I mean, Lesthovayne is written here also!" Ryan pointed out as she showed her the page that had a full sketch of Lesthovayne's kind. Complete with information of it's details.
"Huh... It says it's race are called Taurusapian. A powerful creature with immense strength and endurance. Most commonly friendly towards visitor or outsiders of their tribe. Kind as they are powerful the Taurusapian is not to be treated as your enemy if you still want your bones to say in tact. However, if you were to encounter one in a difficult situation, strike them on their nose with full force. Their nostrils holds more pain sensory nerves than the rest of their body, giving you the upper hand to flee or fight"

"Wow... That book also contains information about their weaknesses"

"Yeah... This would have made challenging Lesthovayne less hard..."