Chapter 22: My Eyes Don't Bluff

"Selena!" A loud shout escaped from Ryan's mouth as he sprung up the bed, his eyes fully opened and sweat was seen slowly dripping down from the side of his face. He could have sworn he saw a glimpse of the girl that disappeared but he realized that it was just another mysterious dream. He soon gasped for air in desperation as if he spent several minutes holding his breath. He covered his mouth and wiped along with the sweat on his lips with his right hand, whatever the reason why that dream keeps appearing, it was making Ryan even more concerned without even knowing why, he felt like among all the Mysteries that happened to him, cannot be compared to why that dream keeps appearing or who is Selena.

As he realized that the time was still around 3 in the morning, he soon felt a warm feeling wrapping around his left arm, and by gazing at his side, he saw Hitomi peacefully sleeping while her arms wrapped around his left thus explained the sudden warmth.

Soft, faint snores were heard coming from the sleeping gurl. Not wanting to disturb her peaceful slumber, Ryan slowly went back to lying down and waited until he fell asleep once more, trying his best to not overthink about that dream and focus on what was coming.

Several hours have passed and the morning finally arrived. The time was exactly 8:30 am and Hitomi managed to feel the calm sunlight that pierced through the open window. Her eyes slowly before she let out a quiet yawn, noticing that she was the only one left on the bed, the female immediately assumed that Ryan woke up earlier than her. Picking herself up from the bed, Hitomi walked inside the bathroom where she washed her face with clean water from the sink and wiped her face with a dry towel before changing her Pajamas to a clothing that was best suited for both walking and comfort. After she finished changing her clothes, she then gazed blankly at her book, memories of Ryan's battle against Lesthovayne appeared in her thoughts, feeling as if she failed to protect both Ryan and the characters of her book.

Casting that memory aside, she focused and promised to help Ryan in any way she could and held that book tight around her chest before leaving her room and walking downstairs. On her way there he bumped into Ryan who was holding a tray filled with a balanced breakfast of Orange Juice, Eggs, Bacon, and Hot Coffee, luckily none of it split and Ryan was perfectly balanced.

"I'm sorry!" Hitomi quickly apologized, taking a small step back to prevent herself from possibly bumping into him again directly.

"It's alright, don't worry. I'm glad you're finally awake, I made breakfast. I hope you like it" Ryan suggested which automatically made Hitomi smile and nodded. Once they sat on the furniture in the living room, they soon started to share the breakfast he made.

"Where is your, Uncle?" Hitomi asked to start a conversation.

"He went out to the City, he'll be back late or tomorrow I guess. I just wished I could have woken up early to watch him leave and tell him to stay safe" Ryan replied.

"I'm sure he'll be safe. Don't worry" Hitomi said, still having that warm smile as she drank the cold orange juice. Ryan on the other hand kept a delightful smile on to the shy female, amazed by how much she changed since they first met.

"I'm glad to hear you finally speaking clearly. The first time we met you were too nervous to speak, but now here we are..."

Hitomi blushed lightly from Ryan's comment but still kept her smile, never removing it from her face as she stared down at the half-empty orange juice.
"I just thought it was time for me to change... no one can understand if I act like that anyway..."

"Really? I mean, I understood you perfectly. Just because you can't talk clearly, it doesn't mean people won't understand you. There are many ways for people to understand what you are saying without using words. Plus... I like how you keep stuttering in your words, it's really adorable and you have a very lovely voice" Ryan lightly jokes, not realizing that sent Hitomi to the biggest roller coaster ride of her life with only the ups and not the downs. Her heart skipped a beat from what he said to her in his last sentence until the door opened and Wendy's voice was heard across the shop.