Chapter 17: A Spider's Last Web

After the sudden appearance of 5 mysterious people equipped with bone-like-daggers, Ryan and the others managed to escape the jaws of death once more but with the helpful arrival of Josie's Family bodyguard. But Alex and his team of trained elites were still defeated in battle despite being armed with firearms.

As the teens rushed their way and made it out of the Suburbs safely, they soon ran out of breath and were forced to stop and catch their breath.

"We must get somewhere safe..." Said Wendy, breathing heavily.

"But where?!" Exhailed Joseph.
"This neighborhood is like a ghost town... There's no one to help us here"

"The town is still a bit far... but we can make it if we walk" Wendy added but Ryan refused.

"No, if we walk they will catch up to us..."

"But my bodyguards can handle them. They are trained for fighting" Josie replied.

"I don't know about that... I feel something different from those people... I think... They might be related to Illumina... The monster from the lake" Ryan said.

"What?!" Wendy gasped, feeling anxious as the others.
"You're telling us they came to take revenge?!"

"I'm not sure but... We can't risk it" Ryan replied.
"Let's keep going, just to be safe"

"Look around you" Manny says with a brief pause.
"We're tired, we have no breath left... if we can't find somewhere to rest then we should at least find somewhere to hide!" Wendy said with a high pitch as she tried her best to catch her own breath and regulate her breathing.

"Or both... I know a place near here, come on. She can help us" Ryan spoke before jogging.

"Wait... she?" Josie muttered as the rest looked at each other with confusion before following Ryan.

After a few minutes of jogging with their remaining breath, the teens arrived in front of Hitomi's house.

Without hesitation Ryan calmly walked up the stairs with 3 steps and rang the doorbell 2 times, they placed their trust in him since they had no other choice.

"Who's house do you think it is? Rikka's?" Josie whispered.

"Yeah, how can that blonde-haired blabbermouth even help us?" Manny exclaimed.

Then the door partially opened. Leaving a small gap where Hitomi slowly revealed her head.

"Hitomi it's me... I need your help" Ryan calmly spoke with a serious look. Then all of a sudden, she shut the door with a loud slam.

".... I can't be the only one who thinks this is funny" Manny mumbled with a smirk.

"(Oh my God, oh my God! Ryan is actually on my doorstep! I can't believe he's actually here! On a Saturday! I can't believe I just shut the door on him... Oh crap! Stupid Hitomi!)"

The shy girl opened the door in haste. Once the door was fully open, her open mouth immediately closed when her eyes darted at Wendy and the others. Shocked to see others in front of her house she became silent and quickly returned to Ryan's gaze.

"I'm sorry for the surprise guests... but we need a place to hide for a while... we need your help, Hitomi..." Ryan begged with a desperate look and tone.

After all he did for her, Hitomi could never refuse his request.

She gave him a slow nod and a gentle smile before gesturing them all to enter.

"Come on, guys. We can be safe here for a while, I'll explain everything to her... Everything"

"Ryan, wait!" Wendy said with a loud voice. Catching everyone's attention.
"... Are... You sure you want to tell her everything?" Wendy asked with a serious look.