sixteen

Ohm didn't realized what he was doing. The next thing he knew, he was already at Vihokratana's building with the divorce papers he just took from Nanon's parents earlier in their office.

However, his guts just told him that he somehow wanted to go see Nanon. At least for the last time. To bid his goodbye.

Entering the room that seemed like a reserved room for the unwell, Ohm found himself staring at Nanon who was lying on the bed with his face turning to the other side. Looking at the window that showed multiple buildings in the city of Bangkok.

What Nanon seemed to hear like footsteps, he turned his head only to find Ohm almost coming near to his bed.

"Hi." Ohm greeted softly.

It's been two days since they last saw each other and they had never missed each other this much.

Nanon's tears fell upon hearing a soft tone of Ohm's greeting him mixed with a sense of agony and regret as to why on earth this guy dared to show up infront of him again.

"Why are you here, Ohm?" Nanon asked with his stern face yet his tears just couldn't stop falling.

"I came to see you—"

"Why are you here???"

"I told you, I came to—"

"WHY?!" screamed Nanon. Lips shaking and eyes shut. Controlling his unstable emotions as much as he could. Ohm was his weakness now.

Ohm slowly touched Nanon's shoulder. "Nanon..."

"Why, Ohm? I've caused you so much trouble. And when you decided to leave, I let you go. I'm letting you go. So why the fuck are you here??? Why do you come back???"

"Nanon—"

Nanon had never cried this hard before. "I let you go."

Ohm hugged Nanon's small head. Brushing his face onto the younger's marshmellow hair. Breathing in the deep woody scent of Nanon that he used to breathe around their house.

Nanon sobbed harder under Ohm's little embrace. "I let you go, Ohm."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry~" Ohm burst into tears while holding Nanon's hand firmly and softly kissing it as if his life depended on it. Ohm's red eyes looked at Nanon while his cheeks were pressed to Nanon's palm. "I'm sorry, na~. I'm so sorry."

"Leave, Ohm." Nanon pushed Ohm away. "Please. Please. Please. PLEASE!!!"

"No. I won't."

"Please, Ohm. I've hurt way too many people. I've sinned. Get away from me." Nanon tried to push the guy infront of him but to no avail. Ohm wanted to stay.

"Nanon..." Ohm cupped Nanon's face, caressing the younger's soft cheeks. Tears evidently falling from both of their set of eyes. "I love you."

Ohm's sobbing really hard upon his regret for  leaving Nanon.

"You don't, Ohm. You can't. You can't—" Nanon continued sobbing really hard his eyes kept on squinting with tears falling like a river. "—You can't be in love with me."

"I've hurt you many times and I'm not doing that again." Nanon continued.

"I don't care. I've forgotten everything you did to me. I was wrong too. I didn't give ourselves a chance to really work it out. I gave up too fast. I didn't even try to make it up to you. I didn't try to talk things out. I didn't try to understand you." Ohm sobbed in between his words. His cheeks just kept on pressing onto Nanon's hands that were sticked to the hospital wires.

"You did, Ohm. You tried everything. I was the one to blame. I've been cruel." Nanon said while wiping away Ohm's tears.

"You could've just told me, Nanon."

"What difference does it make anyway? I'll lose you either way."

Ohm smiled bitterly. Gently rubbing Nanon's fingers. "I'll love you the same. Despite everything we went through, I couldn't deny the fact that I've grown some feelings for you. My biggest mistake is that I thought you will never love me. I thought you'll never give me a chance."

Ohm never stopped rubbing his hand on Nanon. They looked at each other as if tomorrow never come.

Nanon softly brushing Ohm's cheeks again, admiring the older puppy face. Wondering how could he hurt this precious soul knowing he did nothing wrong. Nanon was in denial that he would be the one to leave but he took it out everything on Ohm when he was supposed to deal with his own fate.

"Forgive me, Ohm."

Ohm nodded and smiled painfully at Nanon before he got up to land a warm, soft kiss on Nanon's forehead.

-

"So you and Apo were lovers?" asked Ohm for quite a few times already since he couldn't really understand what kind of relationship Nanon and Apo used to have in the past. They had been spending time with each other in the room after the little confession earlier.

Nanon chuckled a bit. "No, Ohm... We're just friends. But I didn't tell him that I saw him more than just a friend. I couldn't."

Ohm understood and felt bad for what happened to Nanon and Apo. No wonder Apo knew so much about Nanon yet he didn't want to expose too much about it because they used to be forbidden lovers.

"Why are you so angry when you saw Apo? Shouldn't you be happy that you get to see him again?" asked Ohm, a little curious.

"I felt bad, Ohm. I can't think about us uniting again after what I did to him. I left him with words unsaid. God knows how long he waited. It was never a one-sided thing because I loved him too."

Ohm brushed his skin against Nanon with his thumbs. Comforting the younger so he wouldn't feel bad. After all, everything happened because of fate.

"Maybe one day, I'll let you both meet again. Properly. I'm pretty sure Apo would love to see you again, Nanon." Ohm said with a reassuring smile.

"He must have hated me, Ohm." Nanon shooked his head.

"Because he doesn't know the truth. Eventually, you're gonna have to tell him."

Nanon nodded. "Alright."

-

gonna get intense. this story is ending soon! buckle up yall!