chapter 17 - job problem

The first thing I did in the morning was go to the video game store, hoping I could get a job with Robin and Steve.

Of course, I walked there, because I didn't want to drive without Eddie since he was still asleep.

When I got there I was greeted by Robin and Steve making towers out of video game books.

"Fuck Lydia you scared me!" Steve said, knocking over the tower, causing a defeated Robin.

"Dingus!" She scolded Steve.

I walked up towards the counter where Robin and I sat face to face.

"What may I help you with today dear customer?" A smile overcame Robin.

"Well Robin, I need a job. Asap." Her face lit up right away.

"Oh my god yes you should totally work here! But you need to talk to Keith about that. I'm basically never here so..." she sighed.

"Your never here?" I was confused.

"Yep always too busy fighting de-" Steve cut her off quickly, covering her mouth as I stood still puzzled.

"Fighting what?" I asked.

"Robin has a problem, she makes up imaginary things and then talks too much." Steve said as he let go, nudging her, as Robin laughed.

"I- okay- just- where do I find Keith?"

"He's probably at the arcade and if he's not there he's probably out dreaming about hot girls." Robin and Steve laughed.

"Okay...well guys I'll see you guys later!" I waved goodbye as I left and was on my way to the arcade.

When I got there I looked around to see a sloppy looking guy eating ice cream in the corner of the place. He has a green vest on so it assuming he's the guy I'm looking for.

I walk over and see him smirk as I approach.

"Hey lady, like what you see?" He said as he licked his ice cream. Gross.

"Well I'm guessing your Keith?"

"Who's asking?" His hot breath hit my face. Dude really needs a breath mint.

"Me, I'm Lydia and I want a job at the video store." I smiled.

"As if I need another useless teenager working for me." He started to walk away as I chased after him.

"Please I beg of you! I'm an excellent worker and I know a lot about video games!" I lied.

Keith turned around to face me.

"I'll give you a job on one condition." I looked at him, confused.

"You go on a date with me." He spit as he talked.
Gross, there's no way I could do that.

But really needing a job, I agreed and ran like hell out of there. I went back to the store, where I rushed in.

"Oh what's up Lydia? You find Keith?" Robin asked.

I basically hurled at the thought of him.

"I might just kill myself! I really want this job but the only way I could get it is if I go on a date with him!" Robin started cackling.

"It's not funny!!!" I scolded them.

"What do I do? I don't wanna go on a date with him! Plus I'm with Eddie and there's no way I can tell him how I can get this job."

"Well you can always play a classic 'I'm too sick' up until the interview." Steve chimed in.

"That doesn't work dipshit, I only get an interview if I go!" I shouted.

"I guess... I might just have to tough it out for one date." I was about to puke everywhere.

"Make sure to dress hot!" Robin clicked her tongue and shot finger guns at me, while Steve held a disgusted face, and I did too.

I went behind the desk and grabbed the phone, asking for Keith's number from Robin, and called him.

"Hey...Keith? What times the date?" I held a fake smile as Robin kept laughing in the background.

After talking with him for a bit, I hung up the phone quickly and stormed out of the store, saying bye to both Steve and Robin. I ran back home where I was greeted by a still sleepy Eddie.

"Where were you?" He asked as I stormed in.

"Are you okay?" I didn't answer until he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He kissed my neck, and picked me up, throwing me on the couch as I giggled, finally breaking my silence.

"I have to get ready Eddie!" I laughed and he kissed all over my face.

I got out from under him, and rushed upstairs where I threw on a tight purple dress, and did my makeup and hair.

Eddie came in, surprised.

"You look good, where are you going?" He asked.

"Somewhere." I smiled.

I grabbed my purse and got up to where I faced Eddie. I kissed him as I rushed out, not answering anymore questions from him.

I then ran to a nearby restaurant where I saw Keith waiting for me.