chapter 22 - july 1st

TW : mentions of gore, strong language, and more, contains spoilers, please watch season 4 volume 2 before reading.

Steve jumped back into the upside down to aid Nancy.

Me and Robin ran to Eddie's room and started grabbing all of his cds.

"Where is it?" Robin said, tossing cds along his room.

"What? What are you looking for?" Eddie rushed over.

"Blondie, Bowie, Beatles, Music!" The worried look on her face spread.

"This is music!" He shouted, as he held up a band cd.

"Eddie calm down." I said.

"Lydia, other room. Now." Eddie scolded me as I followed him.

I walked into the bathroom where Eddie sat on the corner of his tub, me sitting on top of the toilet seat.

"What?" I asked.

"Lydia darling, I'm worried. I'm worried things might not work out and what we're doing-." I cut him off.

"Is hopeless. I know. But only time can tell."

"No Lydia, only love can tell." He looked up at me.

"What are you talking about Eddie?"

"Lydia, you have put me through hell and back, and in the end I always stay there for you. You don't do the same. What if things don't go well? Do you promise to take care of me like I did for you?"

His comment made me shed a slight tear.

"Eddie of course I will. But right now our friend needs help." I gave him a cold stare as I marched out of the bathroom, seeing Nancy sit in his living room, perfectly fine.

"What happened?" I asked as Eddie followed me out the bathroom.

"Vecna told her the future. Where the fuck were you guys."

"I'm sorry. I'm here now." I reply to Steve who is looking between me and Eddie.

"Lydia- we don't have time for your bullshit." Steve scolded me.

"What is your guys problem?" My face falls straight.

"You. All you do is bring drama here when we have more important things to deal with. Your a backstabbing, cheating bitch." His words echoed through the trailer as I looked at Eddie to see a face full of guilt.

I quickly grabbed my shit and walked out the trailer. I walked and walked as fast as I could until I was finally at my house.

I ran upstairs to my room and broke everything. Soon, everything became shattered around me. I just wanted to be alone and happy, not hurting anyone. But I feel too guilty about everything I've done.

A few hours later, I heard a distant static sound. I grab my bag and ruffle around the inside to find a walkie talkie that was left in it.

I picked it up and pressed the button.

"Hello?" My voice echoed.

"LYDIA! COME TO EDDIES TRAILER HELP!" I could hear Dustin's voice faintly.

Panicking and not knowing what to do, I ran out the house with the walkie talkie and straight back to Eddie's trailer.

I notice the cut rope in the portal and jump through, then running through the vines in the upside down until I find Eddie on the ground, with a bloody mouth, and scratches head from toe.

I started instantly crying and got down on my knees, pulling him forward to me.

"Let's go to the hospital, okay Ed's?" I whimpered as he slowly nodded, me signaling for Dustin to help carry him.

I wrapped my shirt around his scratches on his stomach and it took about half an hour before we were at a hospital in Hawkins.

I watched as Eddie sat asleep in the hospital bed.

It was now the next morning, and many cops have come after the whole Chrissy situation, and his uncle visited once.

Eddie still wasn't awake. I sat in a chair next to his bed and watched him for hours, until he moved.

I noticed and quickly started to cry.

"Eddie I'm so sorry I left I'm so sorry, please!" I held his hands as I leaned over him.

He shuttered his eyes open.

"Lydia?" He said in a raspy voice.

"Eddie. I'm here, okay? I'm here for you because I couldn't be earlier." I cried harder.

"But, you promised."

"Eddie I know!"

"Lydia."

"Eddie please, hear me out, I love you!"

I squeezed his hands tighter.

"I want it to be just us against the world Eddie. No Steve. No one. And that I promise and pinky swear, please."

Eddie stared at me for a second, shedding a tear in his eye, before squeezing my hands.

"I love you too Lydia." He finally said as he smiled at me, causing me to kiss his forehead.

TIME SKIP TO A YEAR LATER.

It was now 1987, Eddie had just finished probation and was now all free from the court system and the whole Chrissy situation, he was proved innocent. I now have a stable job, Eddie still lives with me, and we were able to pass off the upside down part as an earthquake in Hawkins.

Everything was perfect. Eddie got a professional job as a guitarist, and I worked in a daycare, learning how to take care of kids.

Me and Eddie have decided to save up and get the hell out of Hawkins as fast as we can, after all, he finally graduated and I had become pregnant with his baby.

We were starting a new life together and a family, forgetting about the past. And everyone else was happy in their own environment. I didn't hear much from anyone else but Robin and Dustin, who me and Eddie still talk to frequently. Though I hope everyone's okay.

Eddie still has battle scars, but he decided to tattoo around them.

I still find guilt inside myself about everything, but could be pregnancy hormones. He still comforts me every time, and it's honestly crazy to think about how all of this has come together.
Like how me and Eddie met, and how if I had said no, I wouldn't be here with him right now, but I sure am glad I am.

Now we live a happy life with no problems, and I could never complain.

I truly am happy with Eddie, and after all, things may seem hopeless in the end, but they aren't. We found a way to work everything out, and now, we are in true love.

A/N : AHHHH THIS IS THE END! IM SORRY ITS RUSHED, BUT IM WRITING A SIMILAR STORY TO THIS, ITS ON MY PROFILE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ IT. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED BECAUSE I WILL ADMIT I DID A PRETTY SLOPPY JOB ON THIS BOOK. YOU GUYS CAN IMAGINE THE REST OF LYDIA AND EDDIES LIFE! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT WHILE WRITING, I REALLY HOPE EVERYONE DOES WELL, GOODBYE!