chapter 15 - the accident

TW : mentions of death

I walked to school and was greeted by Steve right away.

"Hey Lydia I just wanted to see if we're still chill. I know last night was kind of awkward. I uh-"

"Steve it's fine. Everything's good now. He was just being a jerk because you were nice. I'm sorry."

Steve smiled.

"Can I walk you to class?" Steve asked. I nodded and smiled. As we walked down the halls together, many people stood and stared. Robin stood aside against her locker with Nancy, as they both had a smug smile on their faces.

I walked into class after saying bye to Steve, to see an empty seat next to mine. Eddie must've been skipping.

I sat down, and not long after, the class speaker rang.

"Lydia Clarke to the office please. Lydia Clarke to the office." The speaker echoed.

The class all said "Oooo" and "someone's in trouble!"

Everyone is so immature. I grabbed my bag and waltzed out of the classroom, down the hall, to the office.

When I got there, I was immediately called into the principals office. What the fuck did I do wrong? Maybe it was about the party... I don't know.

I walked in to see 2 cops next to the principal.

"Please, Lydia, sit down we promise your not in trouble." Principal Coleman said.

"Yeah, that's what they always say when your in trouble. What did I do?" I asked, sitting down.

"Last night there was an accident."
A puzzled look came across my face as the cop said that.

"Your mom. She passed away. I'm sorry."
Tears rolled down my face as I quickly tried to wipe them away and contain calm.

"How? What?" I asked.

"She was in a taxi. And the driver got into a bad accident. Her car has already been towed to your house. What you do with everything is not our problem. And it's come to our attention that your not 18 yet, but since your turning soon, we can let it slide if you have no where else to go. We don't want to see you in the foster care system." The cop said.

"W-well my dads not in the picture. But I can graduate and get a job and I can get my license. That's what my mom would want." The cop nodded.

A little after the cops left so the principal can talk to me about how everything may affect my school status.

As Principal Coleman was rambling about how I'll graduate and all that, I took a glance at the window, facing the woods.

Then, I saw Eddie go in there. And about 10 minutes later, Chrissy went in.

After the principal and I were finished, I looked out the window again to see Eddie and Chrissy together as they walked and got in his van.

I walked out of the office, to see Mike and Dustin.

"Oh great! Hey Lydia! Have you seen Eddie? He skipped the campaign yesterday and left us with no sub!" Dustin said.

"No I'm sorry. But what are you guys doing now?" I asked.

"We're about to play a quick round of dnd. Wanna join?" Mike asked me.

"Sure thing guys!" I walked with them to the campaign room, where I sat down with them and the rest of the dnd players. Of course Eddie wasn't there.

I played a few rounds, rolling dice and more before Eddie walked in. I gave him a dirty look as he gave me a confused glare.

"Lydia...what are you doing here?"

"What were you doing not here?" I gave him a cold stare trying to hold in tears and not think about my mom.

"Lydia. Hallway. Please." I scoffed before following Eddie out to the hallway.

He looked down at me. "What is going on with you Lydia? Why are you acting like this?"

I stood silent.

"Listen, I thought we'd be okay. Especially after last night. Are you okay?" Eddie asked.

Then, I started hysterically balling my eyes out.
He looked at me, worried, then he took his hand to my face and tucked my hair back behind my ear, and kissing me on the forehead.

I hugged him.

"It's- it's m-my mom- shes - shes- dead." I stuttered as I cried heavier.

Eddie looked at me shocked.

"Let's go home, Lydia, okay?" I nodded, as he lead me out to his van and drove me home.

A/N : I don't mean to pile all these problems on Lydia, but I'm trying to update 2-3 times a day, and I have ideas but I need them to connect to the plot. This idea is going to make sense soon, just trust me please!!