chapter 13 - bowling disaster

I woke up the next morning to hear the phone ringing, and to see Eddie sprawled out across my bed, only in his boxers.

I got up running to the phone.

"Shut up." I muttered to myself in a sleepy voice.

"Excuse me Lydia?" I heard Robins voice echo on the line.

"Fuck sorry not you..uh..the phone." I put my hand to my forehead.

"Did I wake you?" She asked.

"Yeah but I'm fully awake now so keep talking."

"Okay good because I wasn't gonna stop anyways. But Harrington likes you and that's why he was kinda weird and all pissed the other day when everyone found out your with Eddie."

What Robin said made a shocked look on my face.

"How do you know and why would you tell me this if I'm with Eddie?" I asked, placing the phone in the crook of my neck while getting a glass of water.

"Well last night he was asking me all these questions about what we did and how you felt about the thing at the party. And he told me he felt guilty because he thinks your worth more than that and blah blah blah you know Steve, just going on for hours." Robin said.

Taking a sip of my water, I replied, "Yeah you do that too. But if he really likes me he should've shot his shot. Because I will admit I thought he was pretty hot when I first saw him. But Eddie's so much more to me, especially now."

"Yeah I get that. But he's my best friend and he's needs other friends. You should at least talk to him but try not to lead him on." Robin laughed.

"I won't Robin, but give him my number for sure." I said before hanging up.

"Who's number?" Eddie startled me as he came behind me, all sleepy and groggy.

"Mine. I'm giving it to Steve to help him with chemistry." I smiled, as Eddie shook it off, and took a gulp out of my water.

"Why don't we go to the bowling alley later? I'll meet you there at 5." Eddie said, grabbing my waist and planting a kiss on my cheek.

I nodded, agreeing, and smiled. Me and Eddie then both went upstairs and got dressed. He wore his usual, hellfire t shirt with denim and a leather jacket, while I wore some baggy jeans and a plain blue crop top.

"I gotta go princess, see you later, remember I'll meet you there I promise!" Eddie said, rushing out, giving me a kiss, and leaving.

I bet he was off to go see Chrissy. For a few hours, I sat around watching tv and cleaning up around the house.

The clock finally hit 5:00 pm. I got my things together, and walked out the house. It was only a fifteen minute walk to the bowling alley, and seeing as Eddie didn't give me a ride, he would surely understand why I was late.

I walked until I finally got there, walking inside and paying for myself, before looking around and seeing no Eddie. I found a seat at an empty table and waited.

"Lydia? What are you doing here?" A low voice came from behind me. I turned around to see Steve.

"I'm waiting for Eddie. He's supposed to meet me here. You?" I smiled at him.

"Date bailed on me. But hey...do you wanna play a few rounds before your uh..Eddie comes?"

"Sure thing Steve!"  I said, getting up and getting bowling balls with him.

We laughed and talked a lot, and we played together for 2 hours.

The clock hit 7 pm. The bowing alley was going to close in an hour and a half.

Not thinking much of it at the moment, I continued to play with Steve.

I picked up a heavier ball, stumbling to the front of the alley, rolling it down, and as I let go, I tripped. Steve caught me, and we stood maybe about 3 inches apart from each other.

"Woah there, careful Lydia." Steve laughed.

"Yeah Lydia be more careful why don't you?" Eddie's voice appeared.

I quickly stepped back and looked over to see Eddie with a pissed look on his face.
Steve stepped back as well.
"I uh- gotta go. Nice seeing you Lydia." Steve smiled towards me, walking away as Eddie glared at him.

"So Steve?" Eddie walked closer to me.

"You promised you'd be here. Your 2 hours late! Hell the place is about to close! I'm sorry that Steve wanted to be nice and play a few rounds with me because he noticed me sitting here! All alone!" I scolded Eddie.

"Surprised he didn't try to get a few rounds of fucking with you! Lydia why can't you see it? Everyone wants to use you! You can't trust anyone!" He yelled back.

Tears formed in my eyes quickly, as Eddie quickly regretted what he had just said. He walked closer to me, but I stepped back.

"And that's why I can't trust you." I said, letting a few tears fall down my cheeks. I was letting my thoughts get the best of me.

To be continued...