chapter 8 - dnd

The next morning, the ringing of the alarm clock on my bedside table went off, it chimed 9:00.

Shit. I was late. I quickly grab together clothes and rushed into them as I rushed out of my house grabbing my keys and bag, practically running to school. As I got there, I noticed Eddie sitting on an outside picnic table, with the boys, along with 3 other people. Steve, and Robin, who I had already known, but a pretty girl beside them.

I walked up to the table, sitting across from Eddie, as he spiked a quick smile at me.

"Oh hey Lydia, this is my older sister Nancy, her ex, Steve, and the gay bestfriend." Mike said, as I saw a cold look on both Will and Robins faces.

"My names Robin dipshit." She spat, as Nancy looked at me and waved with a friendly smile.

"Lydia- we need a cover for Lucas, are you down to go to Eddie's campaign tonight?" Eddie quickly looked up as Dustin asked me.

"Eddie's campaign?" I asked.

"Well Hollywood, it's where we play dungeon and dragons basically all night at my house." I was still confused.

Tucking hair behind my ear, I said, "I'm sorry I don't know how to play."

"We can teach you!" All the boys said in unison, as Steve laughed and walked away with Robin and Nancy.

I laughed and agreed to go, as the bell rang and I was off to class. I sat in my regular seat, next to Eddie. He threw a crumpled piece of paper at me as I sat down, signaling for me to open it.

It read "can't wait to see you tonight :)" as I read it, I folded it and put it in my pocket, smiling at the thought.

"Lydia, are you paying attention?" The teacher asked. I shot my head up and put my hands on top of my desk, nodding, and listening.

"Pay attention or you'll have to go to the office next time." Eddie smirked, and laughed at my clumsiness.

As hours went by, it was finally time to go to the campaign, as me and the boys hopped in Eddie's van, me in the passenger seat, and everyone else in the back. Eddie hadn't told anyone we started dating, which would be crazy seeing as how we just met, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind if people found out rather sooner than later. I never liked to make relationships secret, knowing the chances of cheating.

As we drove to Eddie's trailer, he had his hand on my thigh, as we were listening to music. Specifically, his favorite band, Black Sabbath. Which over time, I got used to and loved the band just as much as he did. Whatever makes him happy, made me happy. I really didn't wanna ruin anything as it was only my first year here.

As we pulled into Eddie's driveway, everyone hopped out, and me and Eddie went back to acting just as friends.

I was led inside by Eddie, who sat me down at a table in his dining room, with the boys, slamming down a box of the dnd game.

As hours went by, everyone was yelling, and trying to teach me dnd as I just laughed. But soon enough, I got the hang of it. We finally started the game.

"Vecna only has 15 hit points left, so we need to roll a 20, or we lose." Mike explained to me.
Mike and Dustin both rolled, landing on a 5 and 11. Now it was up to me, or we would lose. I stood across from Eddie who was looking me up and down, shaking the dice in my hand, for a good minute. Then, I let go, the dice bouncing 2 times and rolling towards the Vecna character place, finally stopping...to land on a 20.

Everyone cheered as the boys attempted to lift me up, and I smiled and laughed, while Eddie gave me a surprised look. I barely knew how to play and I already won my first game. By the seems of it, I was fitting in just fine.

After that long game of dnd, it was time for everyone to go home. Eddie pulled me aside, saying, "Wait here, I'm gonna drive them home and then I'll be back." Leaving me on his couch, as him and the boys got in the van.

The boys asked why I wasn't in the van, as Eddie said I was going to walk home. I waited and waited until Eddie finally came back, closing the door and sitting next to me on the couch.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, asking, "When are you gonna tell people about us?"

Eddie sighed, "Whenever you want me to, princess."  I practically melted when he called me that.

"I don't care when, I just want people to know." I said smiling, as I leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me back, saying, "I'm proud of you, never seen any newbie win a game that fast."

I giggled, and kissed his cheek. He got up and went to the fridge, grabbing us beers. He put it out in front me to see if I wanted to take it. I grabbed it, opening it and taking light sips with him.

We talked a lot, which I loved communication over anything else. I had become head over heels for this boy in a span of 2 days, and wanted to hear nothing more but his voice. He got up again, getting his electric guitar.

"Let's see if you can get the hang of guitar that fast." He smirked, playing a small melody, strumming the guitar and using his fingers at the top a lot, which also made me melt.

He handed me the guitar, showing me how to hold it, and where to place my fingers, then showing me different chords.

"Your the first girl I've ever met hold my guitar." Eddie said randomly, in the middle of teaching me a certain melody. I smiled, as I finally played the right chords, strumming the perfect melody.

Eddie shot up from the couch, raising his arms up in the air, smiling, and sat back down, hugging me.

"Your amazing Lydia, practically a pro at everything!"

I smiled, proudly. A little bit after, Eddie drove me home, as he kissed my lips goodbye. I went straight to bed, and waking up the next morning, doing my makeup and dressing nice for him.