chapter 6 - kiss

TW: mature language, as usual and obviously kissing, if your uncomfortable with that.

I woke up and soon realized where I was. Though I didn't do any drinking or drugs, I nearly forgot that I had spent the night at Eddie's. I noticed he was no longer next to me, so I took the chance of him being out of the room to change back into my clothes from yesterday.

As I changed, I scanned around his room, noticing his guitar hanging up. Although I wasn't done changing, leaving me shirtless, I strummed his guitar out of curiosity. Just then, Eddie opened the door and I turned and quickly covered myself

"Oh shit!" I gathered my shirt, as he didn't move and just stared at me. I glare at him before popping on my shirt, taking a deep breathe.

"I made uh- breakfast." Eddie said nervously, leading me towards his kitchen. I sit down as he hands me a plate of buttered toast, that was burnt. I wouldn't say he was the best, but the gesture was thoughtful of him.

We both sat in silence and ate. "So...you play guitar?" Eddie nodded, saying "yup, me and my band play at the hideout sometimes with a whole crowd, you should come sometime." He smiled.

"Wow, A whole crowd?" He then laughed. "A crowd of about 6 drunk men." I began to laugh with him, noticing how funny he was. We both kept eye contact with each other for about a minute or so, before an alarm went off.

Eddie then shot up and turned it off, then coming back over to sit next to me.

"Your really pretty Lydia." I blushed.

"Munson, you finally said my real name!" We laughed together as he grabbed my empty plate and started to clean up.

"So wanna go to a concert? There's a small one happening in Hawkins in about an hour. I'd love for you to be my plus one." Eddie placed his hand out in front of me, greeting me like I was a princess. I smiled before nodding my head, grabbing his hand.

He walked me out towards his van, opening the passenger door open, letting me in. Slowly after he drove off.
He then pulled into a bar. He then walked over to my side, opening the door for me as I step out, then holding my hand as we walk towards the entrance.

"Are you gonna hold my hand this whole time??" I said, laughing. Eddie smiled. "There's quite a bit of drunk perverts here. Better safe than sorry." He pulled me through the door, paying for both of us, as we got to the main floor, where a stage was set up and a band was about to play.

Music started to play and people around us started dancing. Eddie once again grabbed my hands and spun me around, making me laugh. "Could I have this dance, M'lady?"

I grabbed Eddie by his denim cut off jacket, and slowly pulled him closer to me. He placed his hands on my hips, and mine on his shoulders, as we started having fun, dancing.

As songs ended, we both get tired and Eddie started walking me back to the car.
"I really did have a great time Eddie. Thank you." 

"Only the best for Miss Hollywood!" He smiled, knowing I hated that name, but soon I loved hearing it come out of his mouth. He walked me back to his van, where he drove me home.

As we pulled outside my house, Eddie came and walked me to my front door, wishing me a goodnight. As I was gonna walk inside, he quickly pulled me back and kissed my cheek. I stared at him for a second, seeing the nervous expression on his face. Then, I took his face in both my hands and pressed my lips against his.

Not saying anything, I break from the kiss and walk inside, blushing and smiling like a hot mess. Through the glass part of my front door I could see Eddie was left speechless, with a little bit of lipstick on his lips, as he waved me goodbye.