Fifty Four

Jimin scooted across the long bench until there was room for Joon and Kookie. His stylist hadn't said anything about his arms, just rushed him into the long sleeved dress shirt. He'd been late, too high on you to get into his car service, a thousand last kisses keeping the driver waiting fifteen minutes, then traffic had delayed him another twenty.

"You seem out of it." Joon whispered handing Jimin several water bottles to put on the floor near them.

"I think I'm really happy for the first time." Jimin whispered so softly Joon had to lean in to hear.

They both broke out in smiles Joon squeezing his shoulder affectionately. It was true, things felt like they were clicking into place. He could see a future not only with you but with himself, where he was excited about life and what he was doing with it.

"You've got to at least try to wipe that goofy look off your face, Army will speculate." Joon nudged him and drank from his own bottle of water.

"I love her enough that I'd tell Army she's mine." This brought another ridiculous smile across his face, Kookie noticed and raised a brow, entering the conversation.

"Don't jump the gun just yet, the agreement is no announcements until you're married." Joon shot him a look then stopped talking, half of NCT taking the seats behind them.

"Who's getting married?" Johnny leaned forward on his elbows sticking his head between Joon and Jimin.

"My cousin Sunhee, why do you care?" Jimin jostled him with his arm, but in a friendly way hoping to distract him from the topic.

"Got anymore cousins?" He joked back before leaning away into his own seat with Yuta and Ten.

"That's all we need." Joon rolled his eyes and both of them killed the conversation.

"He won't leak anything, he's been attending parties with Kai. He knows better than to run his mouth." Kookie smiled confidently and Jimin kept the urge to reach out and squeeze his bunny cheeks. Why did the whole world seem brighter with you at his side?

The show was long, performances by Stray Kids, TXT, Ateez, Everglow, Seventeen and Itzy were the highlights, long speeches by the winners of over thirty categories less so. As predicted BTS won the two biggest awards for Best Selling Album and Break Out Performance on a Foreign Chart. No one was surprised, and the boys graciously accepted their trophies like they always did.

Jimin felt restless returning to his seat the second time, the champagne they'd been given backstage reminding him of his dream from a few nights ago. Why did the memory make him feel so tense? He suddenly wished he was at your side, all his senses heightened, searching the crowd for Shinwon.

"Stop looking around so much, the cameras are going to pick up on it." Joon, ever the vigilant leader ordered him quietly, leaning over to pretend he was grabbing one of the waters from earlier.

"Sorry, have you seen Pentagon?" Jimin swiped the bottle up and handed it to Joon with a friendly smile that he didn't feel.

"They're about fifteen rows back, behind The Boyz. They aren't invited to the party, don't stress. Find your goofy smile again, it's better than this scowl you've developed." Joon turned to Kookie sharing his bottle of water and Jimin tried to gather himself. He wanted to get his phone back from their security team and check on you, even though he knew how irrational he was being.

~

PJ: Hey Angel

You glanced down at your phone, a smile coming across your lips. You'd ducked into the bathroom to change clothes and fix your make up, worried you'd sweat some of it off rushing around making final arrangements. When you'd arrived the caterer had already been complaining to your assistant about the size of the elevator and how many trips his team had made up and down getting things ready.