Thirty Five

Felix was sitting in one of the comfortable guest chairs at your desk, both of you picking at salads while you talked. It was easy for him to access the building to hang with you at lunchtime without starting rumors, lots of famous people visited your uncles consulting firm.

You'd just told him you wanted to end the sexual side of your relationship. His face registered no surprise, and it shouldn't after you'd told him about your evening with Jimin. You had been incredibly honest about your conflicted feelings.

You hoped he understood you needed time to figure out what was really going on in your head. Sleeping with someone wasn't helping, it left you feeling guilty, even more now that you were speaking to Jimin again. You weren't ready to be with him again, didn't even know if you could, but casual sex was making things more complicated.

"You're still in love with him?" Felix took a bite of chicken as he said the question with more loftiness than you thought he felt.

"I have to help him, I don't know anything beyond that." You meant that, if you were never his again, you still needed to be there for him in whatever capacity he allowed.

"We're going to stay friends right?" You couldn't tell how Felix was feeling, but you suspected not too badly. He'd been seeing Yeji almost as much as you, once even jumping from your bed to hers in the same night.

"You're stuck with me. Are things going to get serious with Yeji you think?" You stirred your chopsticks through your bowl and tried to read his face.

"Probably not, she's super clingy and we have the world tour coming up. She'll be relieved to know the two of us are just friends even if I don't make her my girlfriend."

Before you could form a response the door to your office flung open smacking the wall behind it jarringly. Your secretary practically fell through it, followed by Jimin. She wobbled on her high heels but he steadied her with a gentle hand at the last second. His prevention of her falling was quite opposite to the emotion pouring off his body. He looked angry, but something else too, and she looked mortified. The last time she'd allowed someone into your office who was that insistent it hadn't ended well.

"Get out Felix." If Jimin seemed surprised to see the other idol he didn't show it, his expression the same as when he'd come into the room.

"Y/Nshi I'm so sorry he wouldn't wait for me to call you." You waved her away distractedly and she hurried out shutting the door.

Felix hadn't moved but with the soft thud of the door closing Jimin did. He closed the space between your bodies and had lifted you from your chair by the upper arms. Felix grabbed your salad bowl before it dumped its contents at your feet.

"Why in the fuck would you go see Irene?" Jimin was livid, he was shouting at you, something you'd never experienced before. He shook you weakly and your head tilted back.

"Jimin stop, let her go." Felix's hand closed around his wrist and Jimin waved him away like a bug. "You're acting crazy dude."

"Do you think I could ever hurt her?" Jimin's hands dropped to his sides, his face twisting into something that made your chest ache.

"I don't know, you're screaming at her!" Felix looked small next to Jimin and he backed up but kept his eyes on you.

"Jimin I'm sorry I had no right." You brushed his arm then squeezed it gently.

"You're not safe, why did you do that? Why would you be so stupid?" He cupped your cheeks in his hands anger returning to his tone. You couldn't tell if he was about to kiss you or snap your neck.

"What do you mean she's not safe? Irene is in jail what can she do?" Felix asked, he sounded skeptical and Jimin turned on him, if he'd been going to kiss you the moment was severed.