𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 14 : 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘮𝘢𝘯 - 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

01:06 ━━⬤──── 04:05  

𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙊𝙙𝙙 𝙎𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩

Monroe wasn't going to lie, Iceman had always been a bit of a dick. 

But he was her dick. 

He was just as stubborn as she was. They had gotten into multiple screaming matches over the years due to their equal levels of arrogance and despite Monroe trying nearly everything in her power to push him away he stuck to her like glue. 

He was everywhere. 

She couldn't get rid of him. 

Every swim meet. Every school assembly. She had a soccer match? Iceman was there with a cooler of beers and a smile on his face. He was like a bad smell. 

But, eventually he started to grow on her. 

Like they all seemed to do. 

Soon they were inseparable. Despite how much she secretly wished it would be her own father in place of his old teammate Monroe loved Ice more than life itself. 

He taught her how to ride a bike. How to cook. How to drive. She'll never forget the look on his face when she had tried a gear shift for the first time. Pure unfiltered fear. He had bought her Betsy when she graduated. He had held her after her first break up. Got her out of trouble when she punched a fellow cadet in the face at the academy though, he had definitely had some stern words for her afterwards. 

He was like the father she never had. 

Which was why saying goodbye hurt like a motherfucker. 

She hadn't stopped talking to him throughout training. Sending him messages after every practice session, complaining to him about Maverick and Rooster. She had made him laugh after telling him how she had managed to hit Cyclone with a football. It was the last time she had heard him laugh properly. 

It hurt like hell that she would never be able to hear him laugh again.

Monroe was far from a novice when it came to dealing with death, loosing her mom had almost broken her but at the time she had Ice to help put the pieces back together but now, now she didn't have a shoulder to cry on. She didn't have Ice's large grin and stupid jokes to make her feel better. She was alone. Again.