𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 8 : 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 - 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘔𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘥

𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙈𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘 𝙒𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙏𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

01:06 ━━⬤──── 04:05 

Right so the mission was most definitely going to be a balls up. 

A majorly dangerous, expensive and probably suicidal balls up but Maverick said he had faith in the team therefore everything would be fine! Perfectly fine, they would be ready! It would fine! 

Monroe's desperate attempt at trying to convince herself was actually a bit pitiful to be honest, but what else was she supposed to do?

This mission was a total fuck up. 

She knew she was one of the best fighter pilots in whole ass Navy but seriously? Who thought giving them 2 minutes to fly into enemy territory and blow up a Uranium plant was a good idea? Cyclone really needed to remove that stick up his bum and come up with a better plan. 

But unfortunately, what the ass-wipe that they called their Admiral says goes, and if Monroe was gonna die flying this mission she was gonna put up one hell of flight while doing so. 

Plus she'd never pulled 9 G's in a full incline for more than thirty seconds before so that could count as good life experience. 

Lying flat on her back on a couch Monroe listened intently to the flight-com radio as Phoenix, Bob and Coyote were the first to tackle the harsh mock-mission practice course that Maverick had fashioned for them. They were gunning it, trying to make up as much time as possible whilst simultaneously flying difficult manoeuvres in order to emulate a cavern system that they were meant to fly through on the actual Dee-day. 

It sounded like hell and they were still behind time. 

For the first time in her life Monroe was dreading to get back in her plane. 

Glancing to her left she saw him sat on a chair beside the radio, his face screwed up in the same expression of apprehension as her own. Though he was always the more anxious one of their pairing she couldn't help but feel the same this time round. This mission was not some silly patrol around the coast. This was enemy territory .

 This was the big leagues and the only thing that made her slightly more calm was the fact that she was doing it with him.