𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 2 : 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 - 𝘚𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳

𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙮 𝙀𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝, 𝙒𝙞𝙣𝙙 & 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙚

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

01:06 ━━⬤──── 04:05

Admiral Voss was always a stern man with a face that seemed to have seen everything. When angry his eyebrows would crinkle inwards, his forehead like a disappearing act, his large moustache twitching aggressively and as he stared at Monroe she thought he vaguely resembled that eagle policeman muppet with the large eyebrows.

"Lieutenant? Are you even listening to me?"

Breaking her fixation on his moustache, Monroe averted her gaze towards the admirals stern eyes. Breaking into what she liked to describe as her "smooth over smile" she gave him her most persuasive look.

"Of course sir and I am extremely sorry for my reckless behaviour whilst on patrol, it won't happen again."

All he did was frown right back at her.

"I said nothing about your patrol Lieutenant. Did something occur whilst on your patrol this morning?"

Her eyes widened, a guilty grin forming on her lips.

"No sir, nothing out of the ordinary."

Raising one unimpressed eyebrow the Admiral stared hard at her. She stared right back, the same grin still stuck on her face.

Deciding to ignore the Lieutenant's previous lack of attention the Admiral shifted his gaze to the other person in the room. Said person snickering quietly to themselves only to pause after a swift kick to the leg by his counterpart. He hissed softly in pain.

"Lieutenant Bradshaw do you have something you would like to share with the class?"

"No sir."

"Nothing that you find funny in any way?"

"No sir."

The admiral watched exasperated as Bradshaw glared at his wingman who wore a pleased smile on her lips.

"Right well that's get on with it then." As the admiral turned his back away from the two pilots and started to make his way from the outside of his office to behind his desk he failed to notice the bickering that occurred behind him.

"Karma." Monroe whispered with the same mischievous look on her face.

"Worth it to make you smile sweets." Bradley whispered back, his look becoming just as naughty.

"Shut up." she hissed back, walking into the Admiral's office in order to hide the faint blush on her cheeks. Arrogant ass. He followed behind her, a victorious expression plastered to his face.

"Lieutenants I have called you in here this morning in order to announce that you have both been selected to join an extremely difficult and important mission that is essential to the safety of our country as a whole."

Simultaneously raising their eyebrows both pilots shared a look before allowing the admiral to continue.

"You will both be specifically trained alongside a select group of pilots in order to be able to carry out this mission."

Bradley huffed, "with all due respect Admiral we both graduated top of our classes and have some of the best track records in the history of Top Gun. What else could someone teach us."

Voss glanced at him irritatedly.

"You would be surprised just how much you still have to learn Lieutenant. Now I cannot disclose any more details at this point but all I can tell you is that you are expected at the Top Gun training facility at 06h00 in a weeks time. You are both dismissed."

Bradley vaguely nodded before saluting the Admiral and heading towards the door. He looked back towards his partner but seeing as she hadn't moved from her spot in front of the Admiral's desk he assumed she had some questions and left without another glance. He just hoped she didn't push her luck.

"Lieutenant Mitchell, I said you are dismissed."

Monroe hadn't said anything since she had entered the room. She wasn't worried about the mission or about how important it was rather about how the Admiral had looked at her in a sort of pitying way whilst explaining that someone would be training them for said mission. Something didn't add up.

"Sir, excuse me but I just have one question for you."

Raising a lone hairy brow the Admiral looked up at her in question.

"Yes?"

"Who will be training us for this mission."

Shaking his head briefly, Voss looked at the pilot in front of him. He had known her for most of her career. He had noticed the lengths she had taken in order to prove she was something other than the daughter of a famously reckless pilot. Despite their distinct similarities Lieutenant Mitchell had made it nearly a life goal to distance herself as much as she could from the man who shared her surname and the Admiral couldn't help but respect her for it. She was her own person not just legacy which was what motivated him into disclosing one small detail of the mission to her, one he shouldn't have disclosed.

"A good pilot. One with a large amount of experience. I know for a fact you are quite familiar with him."

Only one person came to Monroe's mind. Her mind racing as anger clouded her judgement.

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me-"

"Lieutenant!"