She drags me over to her group of super popular friends.

Once we get over to them, Kassie and Aspen smirk at me.

"Well, well. Look who it is. Heather's new boyfriend!"

Kassie snickers.

"Gee, Heather, you really got you a hot one, didn't you? Dang!"

Aspen giggles.

Hot one? What did she mean by that?

Heather just keeps a plain expression and her grip on my arm. I don't say anything. I just stand there. I notice that Heather doesn't really say anything either. She glares at Kassie and Aspen as they talk to each other.

The bell rings and Heather and I go to class with everyone else. Heather points to a desk in front of her.

I have to sit by her too? This just keeps getting better and better.

Not.

I sit in the seat reluctantly. After I finish the work we have, I look over at Dylan. She's sitting at her desk and she's doodling in some kind of notebook. She rips the page out and puts it on her desk, half crumbled.

The bell rings. I hurry up out of my desk. I let everyone leave the classroom before I leave. I slowly walk over to Dealynn's desk and pick up the half-crumbled paper. I un-crumble it to see the drawing.

It's actually pretty good.

I put it safely in my bag and head to the computer lab.

I sit at a computer and look over at Dylan. Her copper-red hair. Her hazel eyes. Her freckles.

I can't explain it but I just think she's... not like Heather or any of her super-popular friends. She's kind, unlike them. She's pretty. She's genuine. She's real.

Frick.

I... definitely have a crush. On Dylan Mayfield.

My cheeks become warm from the realization. I'm probably blushing. What the heck is wrong with me? Get a grip! It put my hand to my forehead in frustration.

There's nothing I can do though. I have to date Heather. No matter how much I hate it. No matter how much I may like someone else. I have to do it.

There also is the fact that Dylan could not like me back. That's something I don't really want to think about right now.

I take out my sketchbook and pencils. I don't even think, I just start drawing. I start drawing Dylan. It sort of takes my mind off of the Heather situation.

Before I can finish the drawing, it's time for gym class.

I run the laps like normal but Heather tries to get me to keep up with her.

Then it's time for dodgeball. I watch as Dylan gets hit with a dodge ball and walks to the bleachers. Everyone starts laughing. I feel horribly about it even though I'm not even participating.

I lazily throw a couple dodge balls, missing anyone on the other team. I eventually get hit and have to go sit out on the bleachers.

After a bit, dodgeball is over and the bell rings. Heather drags me with her to lunch as everyone else is also walking.

We are in line, standing silently. She tries to start a conversation but I just stay quiet. I start accidentally staring at Dylan, who is behind us.

Heather glares at me, snapping her fingers in my face.

What does she want?

"You're seriously staring at that loser? you can't actually like her. You don't right?"