Chapter 3

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Week 1 - Sunday

Sundays are for new beginnings.

That's what your mom had once said. They were the start of a new week. To look past your faults and mistakes, hold your head high, and tackle a new day on a fresh foot. Or, a fresh ballet sipper, rather.

Waking up to the sunlight trickling in through your window, onlooking the west courtyard, bodysuits and hair pins were secondary. You had other plans in mind.

Sundays are for practice. A different kind of practice from the adage across the floor and arabesque at the bar. It was a passion kept in secret. Something private that you cherished. Something Director Fujisaki would have an absolute fit over if she found out...

"Young lady, how many times have to told you, the hero world is nothing but trouble for a girl like you."

"B-But Director – "

"Keep your nose out of their business. Let them do their jobs, just as you do your own. You're a ballerina at my academy. I don't tolerate anything but the best. The world out there is a harsh, unforgiving place. Here, you have a standing chance to shine. So dear, don't let me down."

"...Yes ma'am."

Every Sunday was a betrayal of her trust. But you had to do it. The thrill of getting better kept you going.

Your hands pulsed with excitement, little, green buds sprouting from your palms. Even your body was ansty with energy, ready to give it your all. Fingers sprinkled the budding plant matter from your hands into the pot resting on the windowsill. Its browning leaves perked with green, swelling at its stipules.

Shuffling out of your tangled sheets, you greeted your fanmade Dynamight poster on the wall, grinning at him in all his fiery, explosive glory. UA would be visiting any day now, and as much as you were excited about the premise of working with them all, you couldn't help but feel nervous.

He'd be there too, and you'd finally be able to meet him, maybe even talk to him – ask him about his experiences, his move set, his goals and aspirations of a hero-to-be, what his favorite food is and how he spends his free time. Maybe you could show him your new move – if you were able to perfect it in time.

Your heart thrummed in your chest at the thought. Meeting the Great Lord Explosion Murder God Dynamite would be an unforgettable memory. His ink-printed narrow eyes and devilish smile grinned back at you in agreement. It would be any day now.

"Stay out of their business."

Even with the excitement of UA coming to your school, it was hard to ignore the Director's commanding words in your head...

But still, it blossomed a hope inside you. Maybe today would be the day. Maybe this time, you'd finally be able to do it – the new move you'd been working on.

Few things could get you as quickly out of bed.

That, and the unsettling fact that your bedroom was pleasantly quiet. Too quiet. And your sleep had been peacefully undisturbed...

Ah. That was it. You were late.

Falling out of bed, bedsheets grabbing your ankle as if to pull you back into slumber, you scrambled on the floor, in a panic to get ready. Rummaging through your disheveled dresser decorated in various hero paraphernalia, you fished out a change of clothes, snatched your water bottle from under your set of broken-in pointe-shoes, before slinging your faded, purple dance bag over your shoulder and rushing out into the hall.

Falling for a Flower - Bakugo X ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara