Four - I'm a mad scientist who works for an evil corporation.

Luckily another receptionist stepped in and diverted their new guest's attention away from me.

I asked a few more questions to Kimberly about their breakfast timings, the food items in my mini-fridge, and my allergies regarding some specific nuts, and I requested to make a hot bath ready for me before I entered my suite. She answered them all. The free breakfast buffet began at 8 and lasted till 12. Since they attend to a lot of foreign guests who suffer from jetlag, the staff makes sure that every one of them has the most important meal of the day... my allergy was taken into notice along with my hot bath.

After all my queries were cleared, Kimberly gave me a form. "We need your ID proof, and you need to fill out this form. Please make yourself comfortable in our lounge area while we take care of your requests."

I gave her what she asked and finally settled on a comfortable couch with a table in the center. A minute later, the hot stranger sat opposite me, holding the same form and a pen. I ignored him and began filling in my details.

"You are a rude person," was the first thing he said.

I stopped. "Excuse me?"

"I said you are a rude person," he repeated, "but I don't blame you. It's a tough world out there."

I scoffed mildly. This man was unbelievable. "I'm sorry, but I don't remember asking your opinion about my behavior."

"You didn't," his eyes narrowed, "I just wanted to remind you of your rude manners in case someone forgot to give you a daily reminder."

My jaw dropped in shock, and I got up, furious at this man. "Right back at you, mister. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go sit somewhere else where nobody judges a stranger."

The lounge area was big, and it had enough space for me to sit anywhere I wanted... especially away from the rude man.

I was done filling half of the form when the rude man appeared again and sat right in front of me. "Listen, lady. We obviously got off the wrong foot. It's pretty clear that we're staying at the same hotel so every now and then, we might bump into each other. Let's start fresh."

"You wish, mister," I chuckled nastily, "I plan to do everything in my power to avoid you now."

He groaned, throwing his head back and rubbing his face. "I'm sorry, okay? It was wrong of me to call you rude and for asking you to share a cab with me. I realized that I might have made you feel uncomfortable. That was not my intention."

"Huh," I responded with zero interest, hoping he would receive my message to leave me alone as I continued filling out my form.

He didn't.

"You don't look like a person who holds stupid grudges on people they'd just met the second they step out of an airport. You seem like a nice lady."

"Will you go away if I forgive you?" I asked.

He tilted his head and pressed his lips together. "Hmm. Depends. I'm really sorry. About everything."

"Fine," I sighed. My muscles were aching, and I was exhausted from my flight despite doing nothing except sitting like a queen. I wanted to submerge myself in a hot tub and forget the world. "I'm sorry too. I should have been polite to you. You were just thinking about nature and all other kinds of crap."

He chuckled. The heavy air between us finally lifted, and I felt like I could breathe again. The hot stranger was right. I was not the kind of person who held grudges over stupid things. "That's alright. By the way, I'm Noah. Noah Jordan. I'm from around here."

Noah. I mouthed, focusing on the last few blanks of my form. The hot stranger finally has a name.

"It's pretty obvious that you're not from around here," he said, "your accent gives it away. What's your name?"