Twelve - True colors

Just when I thought I was done destroying my lungs for the day, the urge to do it returned as we all kept exchanging awkward looks with each other.

Robin was glaring at his soon-to-be ex-wife, Tiffany, aka Noah's partner for dinner because saying that woman was actually Noah's date for the night would physically make me want to choke on my own vomit, while Noah was scowling at me.

Back off, mister! I want to eat my dinner in peace with this handsome man!

I hate being involved in dramas, but the way things are turning out here, I might actually have some tea to spill to my friends—ehem, friend—that is, if I ever get in touch with her again.

"Is everything... alright here?" I asked, my gaze drifting back and forth between the two testosterone-filled men. Tiffany was hiding behind Noah like a bloody coward. It actually made me wonder if Noah knew the truth about her. I was acting oblivious to the tension here and turned to Robin. "Shall we go in?"

I tried my best not to tear off my clothes and spread my legs open for this man as he grabbed hold of my hand and squeezed it gently. "Actually, I was wondering if we could go somewhere else? I don't want to ruin our night by being under the same roof with a fool."

"You are talking about me, mate?" Noah asked, his face slowly turning red in anger.

"Depends on your thinking." Robin retorted, glaring at the blond woman behind. That totally went on the blind eye by Noah. "Let's go, Sarah. Staying here any minute more is a waste of our time."

So two egos are clashing with my hunger for food? Not good. "You're forgetting that I agreed to speak for the table."

"Not going to happen." Noah snapped. I shot him one look, and he shut himself right up. "I mean... we paid for it in advance, and had our own arrangements. We're not going to give that up."

That does seem fair. If he paid for something and booked it in advance, he has the right to it. I shrugged. "I don't care, Noah. I'm sure the restaurant has another private table..." I spared a look at Robin. Poor guy. He must be feeling terrible seeing his wife with another man. "Far from you."

And I was right. And I was wrong too. We did get another table, and it was far from them BUT it was semi-private. Robin decided to sit facing his back at them, but I could see that lovesick couple getting all feely and touchy with each other. Those damn fools had a private table, but they never bothered to pull their curtains on.

"And what would you like to have, ma'am?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have whatever he's having," I said, closing the menu card. The waiter took my order and left us alone with a bottle of wine.

"I'm sorry," Robin apologized. "I nearly ruined our night, didn't I?"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be. None of us were expecting this to happen."

"I know. It's just that..." he sighed, with a shake of his head. "Differences aside, I feel bad for the guy. Even though we're on our own, that woman is bad news."

It was so terrible to feel my interest in Robin slowly fading away. He was fantastic to hang out with. I poured myself a glass of wine. "It doesn't matter."

"You know the guy, don't you? I heard you say his name."

I was not interested in going into detail about how I actually know Noah. It took me a moment to think of an answer. "Our paths have crossed at times."

"Then you can tell him about... her," Robin said. "That woman is a shame to all womankind and a trap to all mankind. It is pretty obvious that he doesn't know the truth."