42: are you done yet?

Start from the beginning

"Oh. Well, we talked a bit."

"And?"

"And we discussed some things."

"You've only been up there for like a half hour. That couldn't have been enough time to talk over everything."

"We had enough time," I mumbled, hoping she wouldn't notice the redness creeping into my cheeks. "And it was about two hours, G."

"Somehow I think you're lying, and you've left something out," she narrowed her eyes.

"I'm not lying. We talked about everything, and it's all out on the metaphorical table."

She sighed, obviously not accepting of my answer and wanting more details. I slipped into the pool, submerging myself entirely in the warmth of the water.

I turned to see Georgia staring at me, looking like she needed to say something, wanted to say something, but wasn't sure how to say it.

"Georgie, just spit out whatever you're holding in. I can tell it's killing you," I laughed, splashing some water on her.

She waved her hand for me to come closer, so I paddled my way over and held on to the edge of the pool, looking up at her. "What's up?"

"So, um, did you two do anything other than talk?" she whispered, peering down at me.

I let go from the edge of the pool and pushed myself under the water. Of course she would ask that. She couldn't have just asked if we kissed, she had to beat around the bush. Which of course we did, but that's beside the point.

I used the wall as leverage to help myself sink lower in the water, my attempt at avoiding her question. I felt my feet hit the bottom, and I turned myself to swim towards the other end of the pool.

I kicked off from the bottom and swam, paddling my feet behind me before smashing my head into someone. I emerged and rubbed my head, letting a loud groan escape.

"Easy there love, are you okay?"

I nodded and looked up at Harry, who looked quite concerned. "Ye-yeah I- I'm fine."

"Yo, Georgia! I'm gonna get out now!" Niall shouted. I looked to see Georgia nodding, and standing up from the edge of the pool. She walked over to where he was waiting, and followed him out of the room.

"I didn't think they'd ever leave," Harry whispered, stepping closer to me.

I took a step backwards, watching, as he took one step forward. Before I knew it, the water level had risen to where I wasn't taking steps any longer, I was simply just treading.

"Are you done yet?" Harry asked in a joking tone. "You're running out of room to escape from me."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, and instantly my back crashed into the wall of the pool. I realized exactly what he meant and rolled my eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" he spoke quietly, treading in front of me.

"Ye-yes," I stuttered out, keeping my gaze locked on his.

"Can- can I kiss you?"

I couldn't do anything but nod, which made his smile widen. He took my hand and started pulling me away from the deep end, before stopping where the water landed just under the swallows on his chest. He backed me into the wall and brought himself closer, resting one hand on the ledge of the pool, and bringing the other to my face.

His thumb gently dragged along my bottom lip, before having it settle on my cheek, with the rest of his palm gently holding my face.

My body tended slightly, and my breathing started to sharpen, a small amount panic filling my mind right before he brought his lips down to meet mine. I instantly let out a sigh, moving mine against his effortlessly.