41: walking in

Start bij het begin

I quickly rolled over and buried myself in the blanket, not wanting to deal with this right now. The bed dipped beside me, and I willed him not to speak. I pleaded in my head that he wouldn't question me about it, but it seems as though he had a different plan.

"Hey..."

"Go away," I huffed and clung onto a pillow.

"Um, Charli? Can we talk about this?"

I ignored him, and buried my face deeper under the blanket.

"I heard what you said. Even if you don't want to talk, we're going to have to at some point."

I mumbled again for him to go away, but he didn't seem to want to listen. He tugged on the blanket, but my grip tightened.

"Look, if you think by ignoring me I'll just go away, you're wrong. Extremely wrong."

I flipped myself over on the bed to face him, covering from nose down with the blanket. I looked up and met his gaze, "What, Harry? What do you want me to say?"

"What do you need to tell me?"

"You apparently heard it, why do I need to repeat it?"

"Did you mean what you said?"

"No... Yes... Honestly, I have no clue," I whined and pulled the blanket over my entire face. "I don't know what to think, because my emotions are all over the place. And knowing that you like me just-"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You don't need to play dumb with me, Harry. I know how you feel."

"I don't- that's not-"

"Harry..."

He sighed and looked down at me, "Well, how do you feel?"

"Seriously? I feel fucking confused, Harry," I mumbled, looking back up at him. His face contorted in bewilderment. "When I was told that you like me-"

"What? Who said I liked you?"

"I have my sources. Anyways... When I found out that you've liked me for God knows how long - which we're going to talk about - that was all I could think about. How could you like me, right?"

"Easily," he looked up at the ceiling quickly before moving his eyes to me.

"No. I don't believe that one bit," I sigh loudly while meeting gaze. They were full of emotion, but which one? "When I found that out, I couldn't figure out why. But the biggest shock about that was when it suddenly hit me, that I wasn't mad about it. Well, that's not true. I was mad that you kept it in for so long.

"But as I thought about it, it just got me to thinking of how amazing you are. And then, just all of the time we've been spending together hadn't been helping me. Honestly, I'm not sure what I feel."

"Why are you questioning yourself? What makes you doubt how you feel?"

"There are so many things that make me doubt it. For one, I don't know if I'm just throwing my feelings onto you because of what happened. I don't know if I'm only making myself think I may have feelings for you. I just ended a long relationship, and one thing I don't want is to just have a rebound. Especially with you.

"Harry, you mean too much to me to just throw it away on a whim. I don't want to make things awkward between us if it doesn't end up working out. You're too important to-"

His lips pressed against mine and I took in a sharp breath, shocked at his sudden action. My first instinct was to turn away, "What are you doing?"